Page 8 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 8:43 pm

Rexi wrote:
lvpin wrote:
I have a better time with female friendships, but that might be because of my personal traumas. Also, may taste in male friends is awful lol. They all like to make me upset.

The best way to deal with that issue is to get a dog that reacts to all your triggers and every time someone mentions it, that dog is gonna grab onto their treasures and squeeze harder and harder until they forget their idea and their entire life replays in front of their eyes.

Little boys who don't respect boundaries, nu-uh. They will have their little treasures back.

:mrgreen:
"Sounds like a plan." 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 8:46 pm

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SpiralingCrow wrote:
I have a similar issue with expressing emotion. My mother said I got my father's "reserved" nature in regards to this. But ironically enough, I sometimes get accused of appearing angry or sad when I don't feel that way at all but I am deep in concentration. I also have issues with regulating the volume of my voice either it's too soft and noone can hear me or too high because I am speaking passionately about a topic. To myself, I sound normal though.

I can often figure out how someone is feeling based on what they say and their demeanor. If I am not certain though, I just ask questions that may clue me in. But you are right, it can be exhausting.

I have precisely the same problem.
There was a time I deliberately put on a slight smile, but I can never keep that up and have given this away altogether.

I also had the volume "problem".

I am extremely good at picking up body language and find it amusing how people view me without their realisation of how transparent they are.
I don't manipulate the situation. I merely *observe* what is happening.

When I was much younger, I would allow people's opinions of me to direct my behaviour, often adopting their false perceptions of me.
That no longer happens now that I have regained my proactivity/independence and refuse to pander to their expectations any longer.

"Russian warship, go f**k yourself." 8)

I challenge you to break that vow with yourself and become my false perception of you. Hocus pocus preparatus, become old Odin!
You've got an army now.
You gotta prepare it for the afterlife battles.
What will you do with it?

Surrender? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 8:51 pm

Rexi wrote:
Don't worry, my friend Pepe, to properly relate with you, I need to be 20 years younger. :mrgreen:
Some lady said she wanna be my mommy because she thought I'm underage. :o I'm kewt like that.
Why need I be so "small??" To better reach your height. xD - On small people and skunks.

Your age is fine where it is.
Mentally, I am 35 most of the time.
An age quiz verified what I already knew. 8)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:10 pm

I had a couple of close platonic female friends in college.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman