Ron DeSantis Signs Bill Banning Protests Outside Homes

Page 3 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 5:40 pm

Has anyone else noticed that this thread has turned into another "Let's hate the political right" exercise? :scratch:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 7:07 pm

Ron DeSantis, this time, played a role in that.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:01 pm

Pepe wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that this thread has turned into another "Let's hate the political right" exercise? :scratch:

That's all they have left. Biden is a complete laughing stock, it's like "Weekend At Bernie's," only he's in a memory ward instead of dead. He was elected by design, so the far left could undermine Capitalism, Legal Immigration, etc...

No infant formula? C'mon Man!! !! !

:roll:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:18 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

That's all they have left. Biden is a complete laughing stock, it's like "Weekend At Bernie's," only he's in a memory ward instead of dead. He was elected by design, so the far left could undermine Capitalism, Legal Immigration, etc...

No infant formula? C'mon Man!! ! ! !

If anything, Biden is rebuilding bridges with our allies Trump burned down. So, no, America isn't a laughing stock around the world.
Sure Biden's a little slow on the draw these days due to his age, but not nearly as bad as the right maintains. but at least he's not a lying sociopath with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, who wants to emulate his strong man idols like Putin and Kim.
In regard to legal immigration - - job loss in America is due to the heartlessness and greed of the business community, not illegal immigrants. As for drugs coming in with illegals - - there wouldn't be an illegal distribution of drugs if there wasn't such a demand among Americans.
And just who got Biden elected with "designs" to destroy capitalism (as if capitalism isn't doing a slam bang job on its own destroying itself)?
As for the baby food crisis - - blame bacteria, and corporations gouging Americans, not Biden.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:23 pm

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

West Coast Logic...

Your neighbors are fleeing to my (and Ron DeSantis) State. They have doubled the value of my home.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 9:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If somebody sought to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge, would you buy it?

It's a New York idiom.

It has evolved to "Have I got a bridge to sell you!" And other such phrases.

Domestically, I would like to buy that bridge, or Golden Gate, or Lake Washington.

Internationally, Oresund all the way!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 10:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i do believe i have a bridge nearby you may wish to invest in.

Sydney harbour bridge is going cheap.
Interested? :mrgreen:

Too late...the Libs probably already privatised it...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 10:15 pm

Pepe wrote:

And De Santis is....Image

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 11:30 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

West Coast Logic...

Your neighbors are fleeing to my (and Ron DeSantis) State. They have doubled the value of my home.

Not my neighbors. We're perfectly happy living here in the far west. And our logic is just fine.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 11:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The somewhat saner Trump wannabe governor of Florida. Quite possibly, he'll end up on Trump's enemies list if he runs for the White House against orangey.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 1:24 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

My problem is the irrationality of the discussion.
Some people have been engaging in emotionalism and ignoring the facts.
This new law will apply to everyone, not just democrats.
I was gobsmacked when someone suggested it would only target the progressive side of politics.

C'mon, Man! 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 1:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

If anything, Biden is rebuilding bridges with our allies Trump burned down. So, no, America isn't a laughing stock around the world.

The Afghanistan rout says differently.
Ammuria lost a lot of prestige with that and probably encouraged pootin and Xi to take advantage of Ammuria's weakened position.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure Biden's a little slow on the draw these days due to his age, but not nearly as bad as the right maintains.

I am not "the right" and I can see how bad his leadership has been.

Kraichgauer wrote:
but at least he's not a lying sociopath with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, who wants to emulate his strong man idols like Putin and Kim.

Uncle Joe isn't a narcissist like Trump, but *all* politicians are professional liars.
Were you born yesterday? 8O

Kraichgauer wrote:
In regard to legal immigration - - job loss in America is due to the heartlessness and greed of the business community, not illegal immigrants. As for drugs coming in with illegals - - there wouldn't be an illegal distribution of drugs if there wasn't such a demand among Americans.
And just who got Biden elected with "designs" to destroy capitalism (as if capitalism isn't doing a slam bang job on its own destroying itself)?
As for the baby food crisis - - blame bacteria, and corporations gouging Americans, not Biden.

The rest of your post is too off-topic even for me. :mrgreen:

I think the law preventing demonstraters intimidating people's families is a very good thing.
Psychologic abuse is not acceptable. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 1:37 am

Persephone29 wrote:

West Coast Logic...

I have heard the same.
Perhaps they are running away from the style of government in their former state? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 1:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

It is a good law to prevent the families of high profile people from being psychologically abused.
This applies to both sides of the political divide.
I am stunned you can't see the morality in something like this.
It should have been done decades ago.
Where is your integrity? :scratch:

You can't simply argue without a valid position.
Are you in favour of intimidating wives and children?
"Curious". 8)

I almost forgot.
(I should put this in my signature.)

Read my lips:
-I am not a fan of the orange man.
-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.
-I am interested in being objective and rational.

The Oracle of Truth has spoken. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 2:20 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The Afghanistan rout says differently.
Ammuria lost a lot of prestige with that and probably encouraged pootin and Xi to take advantage of Ammuria's weakened position.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure Biden's a little slow on the draw these days due to his age, but not nearly as bad as the right maintains.

I am not "the right" and I can see how bad his leadership has been.

Kraichgauer wrote:
but at least he's not a lying sociopath with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, who wants to emulate his strong man idols like Putin and Kim.

Uncle Joe isn't a narcissist like Trump, but *all* politicians are professional liars.
Were you born yesterday? 8O

Kraichgauer wrote:

The rest of your post is too off-topic even for me. :mrgreen:

I think the law preventing demonstraters intimidating people's families is a very good thing.
Psychologic abuse is not acceptable. 8)

Sure, the Afghan situation could have been handled better, but that hardly left America's reputation in shreds. Again, Biden's repaired the damage Trump had done to our relationships with long standing allies. Putin doesn't have his toady in the White House anymore. Now, as Biden is handling the situation with Ukraine relatively well, Afghanistan is receding in the rearview mirror.
Sure, politicians have a problem with the truth. It's part of the job description. But there are liars, then there are liars, and Trump was the king of them all.
If I got off topic, it was only because the post I had responded to already had.
I wouldn't particularly enjoy having protesters outside my house, but who would? And sure, this law would apply to Republicans as well as Democrats, but it's been enacted specifically to target liberal protest. And where will this end? Will this law be used to keep the media from interviewing someone at their own home? I can easily see DeSatan doing just that if somebody from his side of the aisle is under media scrutiny.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 2:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, the Afghan situation could have been handled better, but that hardly left America's reputation in shreds. Again, Biden's repaired the damage Trump had done to our relationships with long standing allies. Putin doesn't have his toady in the White House anymore. Now, as Biden is handling the situation with Ukraine relatively well, Afghanistan is receding in the rearview mirror.
Sure, politicians have a problem with the truth. It's part of the job description. But there are liars, then there are liars, and Trump was the king of them all.

I have already countered your argument here, elsewhere, and won't be doing it again.
Please accept that you have been skunked and move on? :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer wrote:
If I got off topic, it was only because the post I had responded to already had.
I wouldn't particularly enjoy having protesters outside my house, but who would? And sure, this law would apply to Republicans as well as Democrats, but it's been enacted specifically to target liberal protest. And where will this end? Will this law be used to keep the media from interviewing someone at their own home? I can easily see DeSatan doing just that if somebody from his side of the aisle is under media scrutiny.

Probably, but it is a law that should have been ratified decades ago, wouldn't you agree?

Is it, or is it not, a good law *for all*? 8)