Ron DeSantis Signs Bill Banning Protests Outside Homes

Page 6 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:38 am

that chickenhawk fool can't even hold his m-16 correctly, he woulda gotten blasted in his stooopid chest by the ejected casings.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2022, 5:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sometimes the families who claim to be "terrorised" by group like BLM are themselves the terrorists...

Indeed - and in that instance, the protesters were merely walking past their house.

Also, what auntblabby said.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:40 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

At one time that wouldn't have been the case. With the exception of Cheney, Kinzinger, and a few others, most have sold their souls to Trump's MAGA movement, which has seemingly become the GOP establishment.

Aren't you horrified that almost half the voting population of Ammuria are deplorables?
There must be something attracting people to support these guys.

yes- sheer bloodymindedness, an antisocial unwillingness to acknowledge the humanity/human rights of the rest of us.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
that chickenhawk fool can't even hold his m-16 correctly, he woulda gotten blasted in his stooopid chest by the ejected casings.

:lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
At this point yes. The democrats don't seem so concerned with sticking their head up my uterus. That's all republicans.

And the worst thing is they literally couldn't care less about these women but believe they have the right to interfere with their right to control their own bodies. It's practically medieval.

Off on a tangent, as per usual, I see.
But then I have done my fair share of that.

The new laws apply to every protest.
Did you miss that point?

And my original point still stands.
Intimidating families at the front of their homes is what sociopaths and psychopaths do.
Would you do it?
I wouldn't. 8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2022, 5:43 am

Pepe wrote:
Aren't you horrified that almost half the voting population of Ammuria are deplorables?
I certainly am, and I'm not American. From this side of the pond it looks like The Handmaid's Tale is being used as an instruction manual.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2022, 5:46 am

Pepe wrote:
And? Curtailing a right to protest is still curtailing a freedom.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:48 am

auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps this is the first gun of that type he had because he felt he needed to protect his family from thugs bashing people over the head with 4x2s, as could be seen elsewhere at that riot protest?

You only see the evil of the fascist, but never the wrongdoing of the angels.
"Curious". :chin:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2022, 5:51 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Perhaps this is the first gun of that type he had because he felt he needed to protect his family from thugs bashing people over the head with 4x2s, as could be seen elsewhere at that riot protest?
The protesters were walking past - their intentions of protest were clearly elsewhere.

Quote:
You only see the evil of the fascist, but never the wrongdoing of the angels.
"Curious". :chin:
Pot, kettle...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

At one time that wouldn't have been the case. With the exception of Cheney, Kinzinger, and a few others, most have sold their souls to Trump's MAGA movement, which has seemingly become the GOP establishment.

yes- sheer bloodymindedness, an antisocial unwillingness to acknowledge the humanity/human rights of the rest of us.

You have a habit of misrepresenting people on the right.
I understand your personal beef with their politics, but having such a hyperpartisan attitude diminishes your credibility coinage.

Surely you can see not every conservative is evil.
Many simply see things differently and have different priorities.
And now that your team is in, what have they done for you?
"Interested."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 6:01 am

Pepe wrote:
Did you miss that point?

And my original point still stands.
Intimidating families at the front of their homes is what sociopaths and psychopaths do.
Would you do it?
I wouldn't. 8)

You are assuming DeSatan is impartial and being motivated by altruistically wanting to serve all his constituents. Even Stevie Wonder can see he is trying to protect anti-abortion legislation by running to protect these judges. The outcry over the protests are (to quote our late/outgoing friend Dox47) "Clutching pearls"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 6:03 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm talking about elected Republicans, and their activists.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2022, 6:05 am

[Moderator]

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:

You have a habit of misrepresenting people on the right.
I understand your personal beef with their politics, but having such a hyperpartisan attitude diminishes your credibility coinage.

Pepe, please stop lecturing others because their political stance differs to yours. Your accusations of hyper-partisanship and diminished credibility are personal attacks and must stop.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 6:07 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You have a habit of misrepresenting people on the right. I understand your personal beef with their politics, but having such a hyperpartisan attitude diminishes your credibility coinage. Surely you can see not every conservative is evil. Many simply see things differently and have different priorities. And now that your team is in, what have they done for you? "Interested."

you're too far away from the action, you need to be here in amuuurica to see what i am talking about. the right wing here have a "where's the flit?!" attitude towards anybody lacking financial talent that they take for granted. being thought of as the moral equivalent of an insect by that "greed is holy" crowd per se, TO A PERSON, does not make me feel warm and fuzzy towards them. there are many right wingers in my family tree, so i know how the bulk of them think. that is what they see "differently" from myself. they see themselves as god's representatives on this hellworld earth when they really are working for the other guy, the smarter among them know this. their priorities do not include the non-financially talented, that is plain to anybody with two brain cells to rub together. and the people in power now at least have not continued very much of the insult-added-to-injury policies of the last larcenous administration.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 7:07 am

auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You have a habit of misrepresenting people on the right. I understand your personal beef with their politics, but having such a hyperpartisan attitude diminishes your credibility coinage. Surely you can see not every conservative is evil. Many simply see things differently and have different priorities. And now that your team is in, what have they done for you? "Interested."

you're too far away from the action, you need to be here in amuuurica to see what i am talking about. the right wing here have a "where's the flit?!" attitude towards anybody lacking financial talent that they take for granted. being thought of as the moral equivalent of an insect by that "greed is holy" crowd per se, TO A PERSON, does not make me feel warm and fuzzy towards them. there are many right wingers in my family tree, so i know how the bulk of them think. that is what they see "differently" from myself. they see themselves as god's representatives on this hellworld earth when they really are working for the other guy, the smarter among them know this. their priorities do not include the non-financially talented, that is plain to anybody with two brain cells to rub together. and the people in power now at least have not continued very much of the insult-added-to-injury policies of the last larcenous administration.

It is a pity almost all the conservatives have been pushed away. I would have liked an amuuriann right-winger to give his/her point of view.

Your hatred runs deep, as is the case with a number of progressives here.
The problem is, as I said in one of my first posts 9 years ago, "Emotion Distorts Reality".
I still believe that. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 7:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm talking about elected Republicans, and their activists.

And who votes these "elected Republicans" in? ;)