kids accused of sexual harassment for not using preferred

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 11:24 am

Middle schoolers accused of sexual harassment for not using preferred pronouns.

Quote:
KIEL, Wis. (WBAY/Gray News) - The parents of three Wisconsin middle school students are asking the school district to stop a sexual harassment investigation into their sons and clear their records of any sort of charges or investigation.

The parents say that according to the Kiel Area School District, the Kiel Middle School students are under investigation for mispronouncing pronouns when referring to a classmate.

Last month, the parents of the three eighth-graders were notified their sons were being charged by school district officials with sexual harassment. A section of Title IX prohibits gender-based harassment in the form of name-calling on the basis of sex.

The district claims the boys were not referring to the student’s requested pronouns of “they” and “them.”

https://www.wafb.com/2022/05/16/middle- ... rents-say/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:14 pm

I wish they would just talk to the kids informally, and encourage them to use the "right" pronouns for those other kids.

If they refuse.....then lower the boom.

Education is much better than prosecution.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:24 pm

Seems like something that would fall more under bullying, rather than sexual harrassment. If he was indeed calling the individual, he or her, when it was known the student preferred they/them. If he just referred to them by name though like his mom said she suggested I am not sure what exactly the issue is. I do not think most non-binary people have a problem with being called their name.

The sexual harassment does not make sense though.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:06 pm

Here's a simple chart of basic preferred pronouns to help avoid confusion:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:29 pm

From what can be recalled of my school experiences 8th graders can be some of the most maliciously snarky bastards on the planet.
And in today's social media world it appears that social media glorifies, even deifies, that nature of behavior.

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Here's a simple chart of basic preferred pronouns to help avoid confusion:

Good night, what comes to mind looking at that chart is that with the random brain fog coming from any one of 3 different neurological, endocrine, mitochondrial, diseases I'm guaranteed to fail at the thing.
And because of that guaranteed failure I have just lost motivation to even try.

(not the same but connected, is the number of posts here and on other forums I made even three or four days ago and have zero recollection of having made)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:40 pm

Just close the school and it solves the problem.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:52 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Just close the school and it solves the problem.

But that would cause many more problems than it would solve.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:01 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
From what can be recalled of my school experiences 8th graders can be some of the most maliciously snarky bastards on the planet.)

IKR....school adminstrators playing dumb