Now a new pandemic is upon us

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 4:53 pm

Now they're on about this monkeypox virus that seems to be going around in England, and other countries. Yes it might be rare and mild now, but that's what I thought when covid was first about. What if the same happens with this virus? Apparently you get big blisters that come up all over your body and can even come up on your organs.

So now we have to worry about:-

War
Financial inflation
Viruses

I know there's always been something bad going on in the world but never THREE major things like this all at once. I don't trust viruses any more, not after all that covid saga we had for 2 years. I bet everyone is feeling the same. I really hope this doesn't turn into another worldwide pandemic. Wasn't covid enough? Who's doing this to us? :( :cry:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 5:06 pm

If this were the Middle Ages, we’d have all three scenarios and no social systems or medical knowledge to alleviate them.

We’ll get through it as we’ve done before.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 5:22 pm

Monkeypox is NOT COVID.

It is much less contagious than COVID.

We have to watch it-----but I doubt very much that this will lead to a pandemic.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 5:31 pm

I know monkeypox isn't covid, which kind of makes it worse. I know this will head towards a second pandemic with a completely different virus! That's another 2 years of my life reliving the stress of lockdown. Now with an aggressive drinker too...

Life ain't worth living. Just one virus after another. Always coming from the Asian countries.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 5:58 pm

Read up on it, Joe.

It’s much less contagious than COVID19.

I understand you’re panicking about this.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 6:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Read up on it, Joe.

It’s much less contagious than COVID19.

I understand you’re panicking about this.

At the moment it is. Until each number of cases multiplies each day. People pass on viruses like there's no tomorrow. And if we've "got to keep an eye on it" then that doesn't sound good. That's what they said about covid back in December 2019.

After the covid crisis I really don't trust anything any more. I didn't panic about covid at first because I thought it wouldn't come to much, like swine flu. So it seems that the more I panic the less things become, so that is what I'm doing.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 7:18 pm

Should I cut my wrists now?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 7:21 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Should I cut my wrists now?

No.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 7:22 pm

I was actually waiting for this. How gullable do they think we are? Pretty obvious what is going on.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 9:38 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I was actually waiting for this. How gullable do they think we are? Pretty obvious what is going on.

Care to elaborate on that?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 2:33 am

Joe90 wrote:
Now they're on about this monkeypox virus that seems to be going around in England, and other countries. Yes it might be rare and mild now, but that's what I thought when covid was first about. What if the same happens with this virus? Apparently you get big blisters that come up all over your body and can even come up on your organs.

So now we have to worry about:-

War
Financial inflation
Viruses

I know there's always been something bad going on in the world but never THREE major things like this all at once. I don't trust viruses any more, not after all that covid saga we had for 2 years. I bet everyone is feeling the same. I really hope this doesn't turn into another worldwide pandemic. Wasn't covid enough? Who's doing this to us? :( :cry:

We're doing it to ourselves, not you and me specifcally but the various industries and things are destroying the planet. And the people making the most money on it don't care what happens to this world. Like our dependence on oil and plastic, not much a regular person can do about it. But yeah scientists did predict with increasing global warming it might give better conditions to some viruses so we could expect superviruses and more pandemics....I heard this before covid, so I was hoping it was just like the past avian flu scare or something...but for sure knew it could be more than that.

That said for sure all these going on at once, like it feels like an apocalypse movie or something, I watched some in younger days but I never thought I'd be living in one... :lol: it's a nervous laugh I am not laughing at you.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:04 am

I think one of the strains of this virus kills about 10% of people who catch it. An exaggerated online news article title said something like, "Doctors swear to quit if this virus spreads!" or something to scare people.

So in a way it's scary but I believe that for a virus to spread and become a true threat, it needs to have a balance between certain factors such as fatality rate and transmission rate etc. From that point of view, it can be far less scary than Covid-19.

Let's see what happens. I would welcome any reason for me to work from home.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:15 am

I don't think I can cope with the stress of another pandemic. All they're talking about on the news now is f*****g monkeypox.

I know a solution: shoot whoever catches it. That would put an end to all pandemics. Serves people right for not washing their hands.

Sorry, it's just how I feel at the moment. And isn't 10% a bigger chance of dying than covid, which was 1% or 0.1%?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:16 am

Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Not in the forum. But watch the patterns.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:20 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Not in the forum. But watch the patterns.

I still don't know what you're talking about but it doesn't sound very reassuring...

I was googling about this and came up with this, although there's no point in googling really because everything on there is fake.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.waleso ... 022342.amp

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 4:23 am

Joe90 wrote:
I don't think I can cope with the stress of another pandemic. All they're talking about on the news now is f*****g monkeypox.

I know a solution: shoot whoever catches it. That would put an end to all pandemics. Serves people right for not washing their hands.

Sorry, it's just how I feel at the moment. And isn't 10% a bigger chance of dying than covid, which was 1% or 0.1%?

You would be shooting the wrong people.

Watch where the money goes!