Still feel I'm getting weird looks for wearing two masks

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 6:31 am

I felt like the only one out of lots of people I saw in a shopping centre I haven't been to in a while that was wearing two masks. I seem to think there were people giving me looks as if to think ''Why is he wearing two masks ? He should just stay at home.'' It has made me feel like not wanting to go out again now because I seem to feel jealous of other people because they seem like they are braver than I am not wearing one anymore because they are not scared of Covid anymore. I feel one solution you'd probably say to me is take off your masks and face it but I seem to think it's not as simple as that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 7:18 am

Ive gotten lax and sometimes skip the mask wearing to work lately -even though I work in various retail stores- because society at large is getting lax -because (rightly or wrongly) folks think covid is on the run. Ive been telling myself I need to get back on the ball and start to mask religiously again- and not to follow the herd.

============
Wearing TWO masks seems like overkill to me. But if you wanna keep wearing them, or switch to just one, when everyone else has switched to wearing zero masks- thats fine. Screw em if they stare at you.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 7:50 am

I wear a N95 + surgical over it and I don't care. It's not for me, but that doesn't matter. I'm me. They're them. Choices are our own. No one wears masks here anymore. Any judgements in this context mean nothing to me as it's to protect someone I care for (it'd be the same if I wore them for me).