Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Bubblegum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2022, 7:38 am

Hi!
I'm new here! I got diagnosed this year (i'm 22 years of age) with ADHD and Asperger's, and with anxiety a long time ago. I hope to make new friends!

A little bit about me...
I'm from a small country so I haven't really found other Aspies that are diagnosed or know that they have AS. I noticed two of them at our college but don't think they are aware of it and we also have different interest. I wish to talk and connect with someone from this alien world... I love my other NT friends but I sometimes miss something that I know isn't there...

I study science (also interested in psychology) and have a few hobbies. I love animals and flowers, finding them, collecting (just thr flowers, not animals haha) if allowed and I find ways to preserve them. I also like painting on textile, art in general, hiking and travel, I love animals and have two bunnies and a westie terier (she lives with my parents).

Things that I have problems with is social interactions (surprise surprise haha) and anxiety... And things that come with AS and ADHD (inattentive type, now medicated). Obsessed with always wearing headphones because music is my drug and I have auditory sensitivity. I appreciate all sorts of music from classical to rap. To name a few- Rimsky- Kosakov, Chopin, Lofi, New west, Tender, The neighbourhood, Arctic monkeys and everything old school!

I'm trying to get to know myself better and deal with social anxiety. Maybe you are looking for a new friend too...

Hope to hear from you,
-Bubbles

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 9:40 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. In general one of the main differences between NTs and those with Asperger's is that in most people (NT) they have +s and -s. Traits that they are good at and traits that they do not perform well with. But in Aspies we have ++ and -- and some of us even have +++++ and -----. The secret to evolving well is to know where your +s and -s are and use your +s to overcome your -s.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 12:51 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it pleasant here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 3:43 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:15 pm

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 4:47 pm

Hi Bubblegum…. And welcome to this respite from the regular world …. Hope you find some interesting threads and topics to read and reply to … :D

where ever you go ,there you are