Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:42 pm

Quote:
The Communist Party BETRAYS Xi Jinping
May 22, 2022

China Uncensored
1.76M subscribers
Xi Jinping is trying to cement his third term in office, but factions in the Chinese Communist Party are fighting back. Leaks by anonymous Chinese officials to Western media paint an embattled leader losing power. But is he? Watch this episode of China Uncensored to find out.

Communist Power Struggle to Take Down Xi Jinping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fnW4...

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 6:59 pm

Quote:
Chris Chappell from China Uncensored recently made a video pretending to prove that Falun Gong's New Tang Dynasty (NTD) is not backing them. Let's take a look at how much of a lie that is.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 7:12 pm

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 10:27 pm

Quote:
Is REVOLUTION Brewing in the Chinese Communist Party?
May 14, 2022

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 11:06 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/the-abc-is-right-that-falun-gong-teachings-are-dangerous/12538058

Quote:
Three years ago I published an article on my blog about why I stopped believing in Falun Gong. The responses were slow at first, but gradually the number of people reading and engaging with the blog began to grow, and then people started getting in touch. They were young, smart, devastated people struggling to re-adjust to society after abandoning their belief in Falun Gong, and they were reaching out to me for nothing more than solace and affirmation.

Three years on, the emails are still coming. And while the stories vary in their details, there are a number of consistent themes.

The stories express a mix of excitement and terror. Excitement that they can now listen to pop music; or eat sashimi; or have a beer; or have sex; or take up a hobby; or hang out with non-believers — without feeling filthy and unworthy. And lingering terror as they face up to their living god, and attempt to banish him from their minds and out of their lives.

It’s hard to understand the depth or the complexity of these feelings if you haven’t held a belief as extreme as Falun Gong. The decision to leave is like upending your life, abandoning your certainties, and waking up to confront a different, at first alien world.

I’m no psychologist and I have no training in how to handle these conversations. I always ask people who get in touch with me if they are seeing a counsellor. Then I just try to find ways to tell them that they’re brave, that they’re worthy of respect, that they deserve to be happy, and they will be happy if they can just get through the first few years.

One of the first topics that always comes up in conversation is the difficulty of seeing Li Hongzhi, the founder and spiritual leader of Falun Gong, as a man and not some omniscient deity. A number of people laboured over the decision to contact me before finally plucking up the courage, because they believed that Li could read their minds, and that his fashen or “law bodies” — basically, copies of himself that exist in a spiritual dimension — were always next to them and watching their every move and thought.

Some hadn’t dared to tell their believing parents or spouses that they had given up their belief, because they believed it would be impossible for them to accept. Among those that did reveal they had left, one was locked in a car, another in a relative’s house while adherents tried to talk them back into belief.

Others had to cut off contact because their relatives became too aggressive — which makes sense, in a way, once you see it from the perspective of believers. Li has taught his followers that those who take up the belief and then leave will enter the “gate of no-life” — hell, in other words. He has described it in detail, likening it to being boiled in a pot of human sputum. When I first read that, I had to look up the meaning of “sputum.” I find it comical now, but it’s real for believers.

Each of the people who got in touch with me knew stories of people who had died from treatable conditions because they refused to get medical help due to their interpretation of Li Hongzhi’s teachings — parents, siblings, friends. I personally knew at least four people who died from treatable illnesses, and many more through acquaintances.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 11:11 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/technology/epoch-times-influence-falun-gong.html

Quote:
How The Epoch Times Created a Giant Influence Machine
Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 1:29 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/technology/epoch-times-influence-falun-gong.html
Quote:
Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.

Very interesting, but did you "watch" the videos?
I found them informative and humorous, in some areas.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 3:57 am

Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Quote:

Pure insanity would try to deceive people with a 10 out of 10 lie.
Any propaganda machine that doesn't ignore the fact that other people have brains will "reason" using a certain percentage of the facts.

This is no more "informative" than any conspiracy theory that any Chinese taxi driver will tell you while driving.
It's not hard to see why you'd come to a particular opinion about China if you're determined to try to pan for gold out of feces.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 5:07 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Quote:

Any propaganda machine that doesn't ignore the fact that other people have brains will "reason" using a certain percentage of the facts.

This is no more "informative" than any conspiracy theory that any Chinese taxi driver will tell you while driving.
It's not hard to see why you'd come to a particular opinion about China if you're determined to try to pan for gold out of feces.

Did you watch the videos?
Or did you simply assume that everything that is in there was "fake news"?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 5:13 am

Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Quote:

Did you watch the videos?
Or did you simply assume that everything that is in there was "fake news"?

I watched the first one.
I have auditory processing difficulties and a non-native language impairment.
Watching videos in English is extremely difficult for me.

It pains me to waste this tortured time on a source of information of this quality.
If it could give reference sources for the text, I'd be happy to track and check them one by one.

I don't think it's smarter than the few "rumours" it refutes.
And I'm sure I've posted about the possible ongoing political battle against Xi. Didn't get any comments from you.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 5:57 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I watched the first one.
I have auditory processing difficulties and a non-native language impairment.
Watching videos in English is extremely difficult for me.

It pains me to waste this tortured time on a source of information of this quality.
If it could give reference sources for the text, I'd be happy to track and check them one by one.

I don't think it's smarter than the few "rumours" it refutes.
And I'm sure I've posted about the possible ongoing political battle against Xi. Didn't get any comments from you.

I use critical thinking and life experience to a large extent to filter out the BS.
It isn't perfect, but in a world full of disinformation every which way, it is a useful couple of tools, obviously.

I think you may have indicated some internal conflicts. This made me "pick up and take notice" when I heard about what was described in the video.

One of the videos describes the dissatisfaction that some members of the CCP have with Xi.
The accusations focused on his change of direction from wealth growth to more political considerations.
If you recall, I did mention this to you previously.

BTW, I am in learning mode.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 7:20 am

Pepe wrote:
One of the videos describes the dissatisfaction that some members of the CCP have with Xi.
The accusations focused on his change of direction from wealth growth to more political considerations.

I'm shocked that you need to know through Falun Gong propaganda that the politicized system of "Dynamic Zero" has caused epidemic prevention and economic conflicts in China.
This is a fact and a premise of any discussion about it that hangs like eyelashes on the face for anyone starting to study or live in China.

Almost every time I openly mention China's epidemic prevention policy, I mention its cost in passing.
I'm pretty sure I describe about the heated public folk political debate between the two factions in detail at least a month ago. And how events in Shanghai made this conflict directly observable at the official level.
I'm sure you watched or even participated in related threads.

It's like after I I'm done watching your debate on "How Chinese-Australians are influencing Australian political elections". I was shocked to "discover" the fact that there is a large number of Chinese living in Australia from a propaganda claiming "Australia genocide of Chinese".

I deeply regret your efficiency in obtaining information.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:25 am

Quote:
‘Tension’ between China’s top two leaders
12 hours ago

There have been reports of “tension” between China’s top two leaders President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang about the approach to the economy and it’s growth, says Sky News Business Editor Ross Greenwood.

It comes as US Secretary of State Antony Blinken stated China is a threat to world order and warned the communist nation it will join allies to compete against China’s economy.

Mr Greenwood said the timing of the speech was significant given China’s internal state of affairs.

“In the last couple of days it’s been Le Keqiang who is the Premier of China … who has made speeches about the downturn in China’s economic growth and certainly it’s not been Xi Jinping,” he said.

“There’s been reports in Reuters, in Bloomberg, in other places that there is tension between the two Chinese leaders about the approach to the economy and the way in which it’s growing.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/c ... erallPos=8

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:19 am

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
‘Tension’ between China’s top two leaders
12 hours ago

There have been reports of “tension” between China’s top two leaders President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang about the approach to the economy and it’s growth, says Sky News Business Editor Ross Greenwood.

It comes as US Secretary of State Antony Blinken stated China is a threat to world order and warned the communist nation it will join allies to compete against China’s economy.

Mr Greenwood said the timing of the speech was significant given China’s internal state of affairs.

“In the last couple of days it’s been Le Keqiang who is the Premier of China … who has made speeches about the downturn in China’s economic growth and certainly it’s not been Xi Jinping,” he said.

“There’s been reports in Reuters, in Bloomberg, in other places that there is tension between the two Chinese leaders about the approach to the economy and the way in which it’s growing.”

Is using the correct spelling a challenge? :scratch:

Quote:
General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China:
Xi Jinping
Member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee:
Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang, Zhang Dejiang, Yu Zhengsheng, Liu Yunshan, Wang Qishan, Zhang Gaoli

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 May 2022, 10:31 am

Tensions between the president and premier.
Conflicting interests.
Foreign powers trying to pressure governments.

Now, is there anything special about this situation?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:54 am

Since the reform and opening up of the People's Republic of China, this kind of thing is not uncommon.
Since there is only one major political party in China, the intensity of intra-party struggles may be beyond what the "free world" realizes. Even though they prefer to do it all under water, when the conflict gets too intense, we still see the water rolling.
Especially considering that Xi himself is widely seen as a puppet who accidentally took power, I would be surprised if he wasn't countered by the rest of the party when he was weak.

I probably wouldn't have cared about it at all if it weren't for the fact that it's related to the direction of the policy that I'm closely watching.