Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 5:53 pm

Some people fear that I could have been killed by police talking to me. Don't worry, it is not that bad.

It's just some people say never call this police, just because they think that is common for people with Bipolar and Related Disorders to be killed by police, but I have much better social skills, as a backup to protect myself against deadly force and teach untrained police officers of how to communicate appropriately to people like me, with history of my mental health crisis.

I can even do a poker face and then explain why I am having a mental health crisis related to Bipolar Disorder, but without showing emotions, because it can scare the police officer. And I also mask my symptoms of abnormal and intense restricted interests and repetitive behaviors, so the police officer would not think that I am suspicious.

When the police officer was talking too loud without meaning to, I calmly explained that I have sensory overload because of him talking too loud, so he apologized and tried his best to talk quietly. Sometimes he talked too loud, but he reminded himself to be more quiet. I was not even killed for showing some symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Bipolar 1 Disorder, all I need to do is use my social skills as a tool to communicate appropriately and do what the police tell you what to do, and you just follow their instructions. That is why my interaction with the police is actually not that bad.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2022, 7:12 pm

I like to deal with the police, because learning psychology is part of my restricted interest. I sometimes study them as if I am a psychologist and learn what to do and not to do when talking to police officers.