Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 5:59 pm

When you are tired do you get random in your discussions?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 6:11 pm

im pretty random most of the time, if i get into a long conversation with someone

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 6:50 pm

When I'm comfortable around someone and there's no conversation or any other forms of social interaction going on, I ask very random questions just for the sake of talking. I can't think of what sort of random questions I have said lately at this moment but when I do I'll post them here. :)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 9:37 pm

I don't have to get tired to end up being random.
I'm just random half the time regardless of my current state and situation.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 3:02 am

I only interact with words periodically throughout the day, when I want to say something or someone wants to say something to me. Otherwise, my most common form of social interaction will just be being near the person; I don't bother with filler or random stuff. I'm entirely fine if others like doing that, but I probably won't respond like everyone else (which can be taken the wrong way, sadly).

It's mostly "comfortable" silence with me. I really don't talk much.

More cat than human here (I don't say it as a joke).

I've always been this way.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 4:16 am

I tend to follow some kind of a line of continuity in what I say when I'm talking, but it can branch off pretty randomly into related matters, rather than just stopping when I've made the original comment. And I also have a tendency to keep adding further explanations and clarifying analogies to what I've said, rather than simply asking the listener whether they understood my point. It seems to take some energy for me to keep a conversation reciprocal, to keep it switching fairly rapidly back and forth between me and the other person, and it's probably harder for me to do that when I'm tired, and even when I'm not tired I rarely achieve it. But I rarely switch to anything completely unrelated and random, however tired I am. Sometimes I'll notice something that fires up my enthusiasm and I might suddenly interject it, which probably would come over as random, but that's more an excitement thing than a tiredness thing. And these days it's probably under better control than it used to be.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 4:52 am

In my mind, it seems all very linear. But for others, it appears radom.