Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 11:03 am

Has been good this long wknd. 8)

Rode my motorcycle there 3 days in a row. (100km round trip + some extra riding downtown Saturday just for fun)

Friday night for sunset and a cider, good people and laughs.

Saturday alll afternoon/evening, endless burgers on the bbq, great people - beautiful people of all types. The tattoos on display were money. 8)

Sunday morning workout/training on the beach, hangout, good food from a couple vendors, bought some blended rum & fruit freezes to bring home and share. Skimboarders put on a good show, the sun was Hot and intense for a while - I got a bit burnt. Then a couple fire spinners lit up after sunset and played with fire for our entertainment - might have been the guys that were practicing juggling earlier on.. there are literal circus performed that come down to practice and entertain. 8)

Met people from Israel, Iraq, Germany, Columbia, Pakistan, India, Ukraine, Japan & then the regulars that are Also a mix of from here and everywhere else - just free people vibing at the beach.

And ofc since its May long wknd (Victoria Day in BC) there was plenty of pretty boy eye candy all over the gay end of the beach. :mrgreen: Kinda neat seeing many of the gayest of gays letting their uber gay flamboyant selves shine in the sun like they never would topside on the street. It’s a.. different world of acceptance down there - a place where some guy can wear hot pink speedos with white budgie birds printed all over them and the text “budgie smuggler,” printed across the ass. :lol: And no one cares; it’s just all in good fun - people sharing stories, food, drink, smoke, etc whatever - the kind of place with an established community vibe that any good soul can just come slot into for the day or forever. 8)

Obvi I’m stoked on how good the last couple days were! It’s been a long time. Covid killed my buzz (but the beach was super busy during strong Covid I just didn’t go to avoid catching Covid from anyone) annnnd the weather this Spring has been shiiiite so the last couple days were the first couple days of Spring/Summer warm weather & the first 3 day stretch in a row for motorcycle riding!! !

Vroom vroom, beach beach beach!! :D

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 4:42 pm

Wow that sounds awesome! I'm glad you had fun. It's good that there are places to let pride shine. Please share more stories like that!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 11:42 am

It is awesome. :D

No wonder ppl vacation here to come party with us. 8)

Weather looks a bit cloudier today, rain tmw & the next day but w/e I don’t care - we have tickets to go see Top Gun Maverick tonight. Sushi dinner for my friends 40th bday tmw. Work to do tmw/Friday eve.

Weekend looks promising, tho!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 5:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Obvi I’m stoked on how good the last couple days were! It’s been a long time. Covid killed my buzz (but the beach was super busy during strong Covid I just didn’t go to avoid catching Covid from anyone)

You are not having an Omicron variant outbreak? We have been having 10 to 12 percent positivity rates for weeks.
Glad you had a good time.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 5:55 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Obvi I’m stoked on how good the last couple days were! It’s been a long time. Covid killed my buzz (but the beach was super busy during strong Covid I just didn’t go to avoid catching Covid from anyone)

You are not having an Omicron variant outbreak? We have been having 10 to 12 percent positivity rates for weeks.
Glad you had a good time.

This place went from ultra Covid cautious to ~almost no one gives a s**t about Covid anymore pretty quickly.

Literally no idea what the case count or hospitalization rates or death tolls are anymore. Everyone’s pretty much just moved on and started living their lives for the most part.

Some people still mask up in stores, but it’s no longer required and neither is the vaccine passport to be able to dine in restaurants etc. Most people here are triple vaxxed so whatever it’s about as good as it’s going to get whatever it is.