Page 18 of 23 [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:08 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Those in denial about the necessity of gun control have come up with the most ridiculous explanations for why the shooting happened:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/too-many-doo ... 56293.html

Liberal teachers??Thats one of the stupidest things ever said.

That, and CRT, are the scapegoats of those with nothing reasonable to contribute.

CRT can be politicised.
*THAT* is the problem, my fiend friend. 8)

While some on the left have done that with CRT, most of the politicizing occurs on the right, making it out to be something it never was meant to be, with an attempt to whitewash history.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Wasn't the TOm Cruise dystopian concept of "pre-crime" a fantasy created in a world where people could own guns but the police could predict who was going to commit a murder based on monitoring for specific cues from security cameras that created a algorrithm that predict they would kill?

Isn't that literally what they do with data stored in Langley for foreign groups in the US so why not domestic terrorists in our own backyards?.

That movie was called Minority Report, which I believe was based on a Philip K. Dick novel.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Wasn't the TOm Cruise dystopian concept of "pre-crime" a fantasy created in a world where people could own guns but the police could predict who was going to commit a murder based on monitoring for specific cues from security cameras that created a algorrithm that predict they would kill?

Isn't that literally what they do with data stored in Langley for foreign groups in the US so why not domestic terrorists in our own backyards?.

That movie was called Minority Report, which I believe was based on a Philip K. Dick novel.

That's the one! I always thought the concept stemmed from the eventual need for the police to use supercomputers pulling current behavioural data from citizens being monitored on satellite cameras. I recently watched the movie Deja Vu starring Denzil Washington which seemed to suggest the military/NSA have satellites that can capture images through walls using heat signatures. The problem is allocating manpower to monitor millions of citizens.

But I know one country that does spend money on this very thing
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... eedf532b44

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

That's the one! I always thought the concept stemmed from the eventual need for the police to use supercomputers pulling current behavioural data from citizens being monitored on satellite cameras. I recently watched the movie Deja Vu starring Denzil Washington which seemed to suggest the military/NSA have satellites that can capture images through walls using heat signatures. The problem is allocating manpower to monitor millions of citizens.

It is more practical to trace people using their mobile phones. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It is more practical to trace people using their mobile phones. 8)

True, but twitter doesn't tell you if the person is buying/stockpiling fertilizer, ammo or guns.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:02 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I’m totally for background checks, red flags and waiting periods and I own guns.Nothing tactical, I don’t see the need for it.Rural people often have guns for hunting. ,sometimes you have to put a large animal down, or a varmit that’s attacking livestock.
The only people that need military grade weapons are the military.

That's what we have in Australia, People who live on farming properties all own firearms to control pests/feral animals. Military have access to military weapons.

"Urban cowboys" living in cities don't need guns. In Australia we have only ever had 1 mass shooting and the culprit was mentally ill.

I believe there was a multiple shooting in Victoria, prior to Martin Bryant.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... tin+Bryant

The bryant shooting was a landmark event in this country. Was ironically a conservative prime minister who removed guns from Australia
https://www.news.com.au/national/courts ... 3eef4cab79

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
This comment is rather inappropriate.
I don't want it removed.
I want to save it for posterity. :mrgreen:

The person was a POC, btw, wasn't he? :scratch:

Matter of conjecture what he identified as.

BTW if the cops has one of their own kids in the school I doubt they would have dawdled outside.

It's been floating around the internet that some of the cops did go in to save just their children whilst not taking down the shooter.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I'm wondering why they don't just issue cops in the US with bullet proof vests, Perhaps if one of the frightened children told 9-11 that there was a black man in the school then the cops would be there lightening fast with guns drawn/blazing.

I don't want it removed.

Some on the "left" can be difficult to understand:
* One minute they're hurling racial slurs against African American's who don't do as they wish (There was an interesting thread consisting of such remarks around Larry Elder last year which at one point contained quite a number of these) [1]
* The next minute they are complaining about "racism" and about racial slurs used against African Americans

* One minute they express a desire\fantasy that it had been a "black man" (or "POC") who had entered a school firing weapons and causing the death of a number of children.
* The next minute they are complaining about how "black"\African Americans\"POC"'s are racially profiled by police with regards to gun crime (or crime in general), or how "black"\"African American"\"POC" people are treated by police.

Pepe wrote:

POC is such a difficult concept to "nail down", though:
* On one hand, it supposedly applies to any "non-white" person (generally being used by a "white" person).
* On the other hand, any "non-white" person who doesn't meet the expectations\demands (through thier words\actions) of the (predominantly white) gatekeepers of the "POC" term, are "whitewashed" by those gatekeepers, and considered fair game for racial slurs by those gatekeepers with their victim's racial heritage ignored\hidden ("white adjacent", for example), suggesting it is merely a term\tool used to describe a group of people of select racial background over which "ownership" is claimed by those "gatekeepers".

[1] While many felt free to use a certain racial slur connected with familial relationships (Uncle ...), there were others who showed awareness of their knowledge that it was a slur and so tried to hide the racist intention behind its use by making statements about what their targets relatives called them (His neieces and nephews call him ...).

Which is worse: The person who (potentially accidentally) uses a racial slur, or the person who deliberately chooses their words to communicate the slur while trying to hide that the slur is the message being delivered.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:48 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I'm wondering why they don't just issue cops in the US with bullet proof vests, Perhaps if one of the frightened children told 9-11 that there was a black man in the school then the cops would be there lightening fast with guns drawn/blazing.

I don't want it removed.

* One minute they're hurling racial slurs against African American's who don't do as they wish (There was an interesting thread consisting of such remarks around Larry Elder last year which at one point contained quite a number of these) [1]
* The next minute they are complaining about "racism" and about racial slurs used against African Americans

* One minute they express a desire\fantasy that it had been a "black man" (or "POC") who had entered a school firing weapons and causing the death of a number of children.
* The next minute they are complaining about how "black"\African Americans\"POC"'s are racially profiled by police with regards to gun crime (or crime in general), or how "black"\"African American"\"POC" people are treated by police.

Pepe wrote:

* On one hand, it supposedly applies to any "non-white" person (generally being used by a "white" person).
* On the other hand, any "non-white" person who doesn't meet the expectations\demands (through thier words\actions) of the (predominantly white) gatekeepers of the "POC" term, are "whitewashed" by those gatekeepers, and considered fair game for racial slurs by those gatekeepers with their victim's racial heritage ignored\hidden ("white adjacent", for example), suggesting it is merely a term\tool used to describe a group of people of select racial background over which "ownership" is claimed by those "gatekeepers".

[1] While many felt free to use a certain racial slur connected with familial relationships (Uncle ...), there were others who showed awareness of their knowledge that it was a slur and so tried to hide the racist intention behind its use by making statements about what their targets relatives called them (His neieces and nephews call him ...).

Which is worse: The person who (potentially accidentally) uses a racial slur, or the person who deliberately chooses their words to communicate the slur while trying to hide that the slur is the message being delivered.

The left is not attacking blacks "for not doing what they want, like Larry Elder," but criticize individuals.
To deny that blacks and other minorities have been treated badly by law enforcement is to be willfully blind.
After the Buffalo attack happened, it was conservatives who b*tched and moaned that the media didn't pay attention to black shooters.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 1:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I don't want it removed.

Pepe wrote:

The left is not attacking blacks "for not doing what they want, like Larry Elder," but criticize individuals.

So, in your view, hurling racial slurs at a person isn't racist\a sign of racism on behalf of the person doing so - It's just a way of them "criticising an individual"?

Interesting...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:31 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I don't want it removed.

Pepe wrote:

So, in your view, hurling racial slurs at a person isn't racist\a sign of racism on behalf of the person doing so - It's just a way of them "criticising an individual"?

Interesting...

What racial slurs were hurled? Uncle Tom? That's hardly a racial slur than it is an attack on the character of someone like Elder, a man who's constantly stood against anti-racist programs.
By the way, congressional Republicans refused to condemn the racist Replacement Theory for fear it would "demonize conservatives." That's considerably more offensive than calling a black conservative an Uncle Tom.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:32 am

Quote:
Texas top cop admits police 'made the wrong decision' to wait 45 minutes before storming Uvalde classroom

Texas' top cop admits officers made the "wrong decision period" after it was revealed police waited outside a classroom for 45 minutes while killer Salvador Ramos was inside with students and teachers.
Jack Mahony

May 28, 2022

Texas police officials have admitted it was the “wrong decision” for officers not to storm Robb Elementary School in Uvalde as a gunman killed students and teachers.

A group of 19 officers waited about 45 minutes in the hallway outside the classrooms where shooter Salvador Ramos, 18, killed 19 third and fourth grade students and two teachers before US Border Patrol agents unlocked the door to confront and kill him.

Head of the Texas Department of Public Safety, Steven McCraw revealed some of the 911 emergency calls came from inside the classroom before revealing the officers on the scene waited too long.

“From the benefit of hindsight where I’m sitting now of course it was not the right decision, it was the wrong decision period,” McCraw conceded.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/u ... erallPos=5

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
What racial slurs were hurled? Uncle Tom? That's hardly a racial slur than it is an attack on the character of someone like Elder, a man who's constantly stood against anti-racist programs.
By the way, congressional Republicans refused to condemn the racist Replacement Theory for fear it would "demonize conservatives." That's considerably more offensive than calling a black conservative an Uncle Tom.

From memory, it was decided (on WP) that "Uncle Tom" shouldn't be used.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:39 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
What do you think? :evil:

Cowards just doing coward things. No point in wearing the uniform if there's fear of getting into a fight and potentially dying to protect others.

It took a small team of live by the sword types going it alone to end it, one catching a round to the head too (a lucky graze).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:41 am

Here's something that might help explain how someone becomes a mass shooter:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/really-consi ... 45896.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:43 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

From memory, it was decided (on WP) that "Uncle Tom" shouldn't be used.

Still, it's hardly the N word.