Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 6:44 pm

Quote:
Peter Dutton confirmed as next Liberal leader
May 23, 2022 - 7:28PM

Liberal MP Alan Tudge has confirmed Peter Dutton will be the next Liberal leader after the party’s election loss.

“Peter Dutton will be the leader,” he said.

Mr Tudge said he had spoken to Mr Dutton about being in the shadow cabinet.

“I’ve spoken to Peter Dutton and I’d certainly like to be considered.”

Told you, cyberdude. :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:50 pm

The Libs skating toward the right? I guess Albo has one term in him so Dutton could be prime minister in 2025,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The Libs skating toward the right? I guess Albo has one term in him so Dutton could be prime minister in 2025,

Electricity prices are predicted to be off the charts, particularly if the Labor Party is going "Green" and decommissioning gas and coal-reliant energy. (More profits for the rich guys who have a large renewable energy company portfolio)
If that happens, it is the less effluent affluent people that will be hit hard, and they may take a "baseball bat" to the next election and sort the left of politics out good and proper. 8O :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Electricity prices are predicted to be off the charts, particularly if the Labor Party is going "Green" and decommissioning gas and coal-reliant energy. (More profits for the rich guys who have a large renewable energy company portfolio)
If that happens, it is the less effluent affluent people that will be hit hard, and they may take a "baseball bat" to the next election and sort the left of politics out good and proper. 8O :mrgreen:

Yes this was a legit fear among older Australians in the last election that Labour would make electricity prices so exhorbitant that they would have to switch off heating in winter.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 12:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Yes this was a legit fear among older Australians in the last election that Labour would make electricity prices so exhorbitant that they would have to switch off heating in winter.

Time will tell.
It won't be an easy job governing.
Jim Chalmers is already bleating about the hidden expenses the Liberal Party left behind.
Same old same old whinge that every new government comes up with. lol
"Interesting Times."

Jim Chalmers is the most ambitious Labor partisan I have ever seen in my life, btw. 8O
Look out, Albanese. :mrgreen:

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 8:23 am

I have a strong dislike for this braised egg.
I guess many Chinese-Australians feel the same way about this as I do.

I predict that the Liberal Party will lose the support of the Chinese constituency again.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 9:57 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I predict that the Liberal Party will lose the support of the Chinese constituency again.

Most of the Australian-Chinese population publicly object to liberal party politicians (many are anti-China and can be abrasive toward immigration) but at the polling booth they vote liberal. Many if not all of the Chinese community are anti-communist so do not like the labour party (this of course doesn't mean many don't support their homeland and want China to prosper, many do for ethno-nationalist reasons). They are also mostly in small to medium businesses so favour the free market policies of liberals.

Many of the labour party platforms such as multiculturalism and environment etc don't interest them. Since they already force their kinds to study hard their children all qualify for elite private schools and university so labour party policies on education don't bring benefit. Health is already free but most Chinese have private health insurance so again labour party health policies don't bring anything beneficial.

There were, however, reports the Australian Chinese community punished the Liberal party over anti-China rhetoric from Scott Morrison. So I imagine there are swinging voters among this community.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:00 am

It'll be interesting to see who will lead the Nationals, and presumably become the Deputy Opposition Leader.

Despite their solid results in last week's election, Barnaby Joyce is being challenged so far by Darren Chester (former Veterans Affairs minister) and David Littleproud (former Agriculture minister). Former leader and Deputy PM Michael McCormack might even throw his hat into the ring.

We'll probably find out who will lead the party on Monday.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:20 am

Murihiku wrote:
David Littleproud

Apprpropriate surname. The nats have had little to be proud of.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

Most of the Australian-Chinese population publicly object to liberal party politicians (many are anti-China and can be abrasive toward immigration) but at the polling booth they vote liberal. Many if not all of the Chinese community are anti-communist so do not like the labour party (this of course doesn't mean many don't support their homeland and want China to prosper, many do for ethno-nationalist reasons). They are also mostly in small to medium businesses so favour the free market policies of liberals.

Many of the labour party platforms such as multiculturalism and environment etc don't interest them. Since they already force their kinds to study hard their children all qualify for elite private schools and university so labour party policies on education don't bring benefit. Health is already free but most Chinese have private health insurance so again labour party health policies don't bring anything beneficial.

There were, however, reports the Australian Chinese community punished the Liberal party over anti-China rhetoric from Scott Morrison. So I imagine there are swinging voters among this community.

There were.
I believe 2 effluent affluent Liberal party seats were lost because of the Chinese community backlash against the Morrison government and its aggressive pushback against the CCP.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:49 am

cyberdad wrote:
Murihiku wrote:
David Littleproud

They are looking after their constituents. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 4:07 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Murihiku wrote:
David Littleproud

Barnaby Joyce certainly was....

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 4:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Murihiku wrote:
David Littleproud

Barnaby Joyce certainly was....

That man has major personality faults.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 10:54 pm

Peter Dutton elected Liberal leader as David Littleproud defeats Barnaby Joyce for Nationals job
https://www.9news.com.au/national/feder ... ae363bd0ad

Quote:
Peter Dutton has been elected unopposed as leader of the Liberal Party, while David Littleproud has ousted Barnaby Joyce to lead the Nationals.

The leaders take the helm as the Coalition enters opposition for the first time since 2013 and reeling from an election bloodbath that saw several senior Liberal MPs swept from previously safe seats.

Dutton succeeds former prime minister Scott Morrison, with Sussan Ley elected - also unopposed - as the new deputy Liberal leader.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 2:44 am

Well barnaby can now spend more time with his baby mamas :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 3:56 am

cyberdad wrote: