Page 12 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 5:07 am

Kite’s story illustrates how one can succeed in offsetting the vicious cycle of bullying.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 5:51 am

people need to be reminded that if he had no access to weapons of mass destruction, we wouldn't be here today arguing over it. can't we agree that such things need to be kept out of those folks' hands? if we can agree on that, then all that remains to chew over is the how of it. but i strongly suspect the first condition is not being met.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 6:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
people need to be reminded that if he had no access to weapons of mass destruction, we wouldn't be here today arguing over it. can't we agree that such things need to be kept out of those folks' hands? if we can agree on that, then all that remains to chew over is the how of it. but i strongly suspect the first condition is not being met.

Is anyone here in favour of the gun laws?
If so, I missed it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 6:06 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Is anyone here in favour of the gun laws?
If so, I missed it.

our gop has demonstrated they are not in favor of any improved or new laws regarding this matter.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 6:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t believe bullying is “character-building.”

I just believe he shouldn’t have taken his being bullied out on those little kids. What’s wrong with that notion?

I believe he was a homicidal maniac. I don’t believe anybody here is showing any sympathy for the homicidal maniac.

Strongly Agrees with Krafties post here !
But there needs to be a some kind of intervention done for these kind of situations early in the process .
Alittle more observation, looking out for these situations arising out of school interactions 8O . Perhaps additional training by all staff members at every school . As part of the job requirement training for any position working with
Schooling children or ,in and around them . Incentive pay for teachers engaging this training . :ninja:
Perhaps some sort of penalization for students engaging in bullying type behaviors in or around Schooling interactions. With intent of perhaps shaming bully type activities :evil: . And then a mandatory class to reinforce Empathy type behaviors, Perhaps a Civics award or Most Human Awards . Attached to the students permanent record for awarded these honors :D .

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 6:40 am

Jakki wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t believe bullying is “character-building.”

I just believe he shouldn’t have taken his being bullied out on those little kids. What’s wrong with that notion?

I believe he was a homicidal maniac. I don’t believe anybody here is showing any sympathy for the homicidal maniac.

Strongly Agrees with Krafties post here !
But there needs to be a some kind of intervention done for these kind of situations early in the process .
Alittle more observation, looking out for these situations arising out of school interactions 8O . Perhaps additional training by all staff members at every school . As part of the job requirement training for any position working with
Schooling children or ,in and around them . Incentive pay for teachers engaging this training . :ninja:
Perhaps some sort of penalization for students engaging in bullying type behaviors in or around Schooling interactions. With intent of perhaps shaming bully type activities :evil: . And then a mandatory class to reinforce Empathy type behaviors, Perhaps a Civics award or Most Human Awards . Attached to the students permanent record for awarded these honors :D .

Or alternatively...
Beat the living crap of any bully found.
Bully the bullies, I say. :mrgreen:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 10:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Kite’s story illustrates how one can succeed in offsetting the vicious cycle of bullying.

Yep, I learned that when the adults won't solve the problem, unexpected violence does.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 9:12 pm

Went to a new dispensary today, an armed security guard opened the door.It’s a shame our schools aren’t as well guarded.
This is the first one I’ve been to where I saw the guard, apparently they all have them.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 9:21 pm

We have armed guards at some dispensaries, but not all.
There were cops with guns in a drug store entrance once during the height of Covid lockdowns.
They were ensuring the shop didn't go over capacity. 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 10:07 pm

I was surprised to see armed guards in a grocery store and a gas station in Saint Louis, not a regular sight here in the woods.