Page 4 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:25 pm

past the point of buckling our seatbelts for the bumpy ride then. where's the exit?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:25 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:28 pm

being that nobody is able/willing to do anything to curb this mess, soon enough these things will be happening not only every day but multiple times per day. and arming teachers is the STOOOOOPIDEST idea ever! the liability costs would put many districts under. then what?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:34 pm

I don't know what.

But it might be that while American society blames a laundry list of those who do nothing about it, the root of the problem is that that same American society does nothing about it;

"
What else has to happen?

We have crossed every metaphorical line of rage without lifting a single finger to do anything about it.

We’ve seen churches, schools, music festivals, grocery stores, movie theaters and any number of other public places become memorials. We’ve even had assassination attempts of elected officials.

It will take holistic change that reaches the nation's core fabric and a level of investment of time, money and public policy that I'm convinced we won't ever be able to pull off.

Until then, this is who we are, and I hate it.
"

https://news.yahoo.com/why-mass-shootin ... 46088.html

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:37 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Until then, this is who we are, and I hate it.

It’s not who I am.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
being that nobody is able/willing to do anything to curb this mess, soon enough these things will be happening not only every day but multiple times per day. and arming teachers is the STOOOOOPIDEST idea ever! the liability costs would put many districts under. then what?

I’m a teacher. If I had a gun, I’d almost certainly accidentally shoot myself with it at some point.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Said this boy was seriously bullied at this school on a ongoing basis . Now they are only addressing the gun he used .... looking for excuses to enact new gun laws . These people who are doing this
Are the real criminals , i feel

Pushing an agenda by nefarious means is not criminal, it is politics.

Murdering random kids who did not bully him is criminal.

can agree with the last statement here .
But .... if Nefarious = Politicians , and Politicians are suppose to be up holding the public trust ,
there seems to be some irony going on here .

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:48 pm

Jakki wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Said this boy was seriously bullied at this school on a ongoing basis . Now they are only addressing the gun he used .... looking for excuses to enact new gun laws . These people who are doing this
Are the real criminals , i feel

Pushing an agenda by nefarious means is not criminal, it is politics.

Murdering random kids who did not bully him is criminal.

can agree with the last statement here .
But .... if Nefarious = Politicians , and Politicians are suppose to be up holding the public trust ,
there seems to be some irony going on here .

Ted Cruz hanging out with the NRA at a gun rally in texas a few hours ago isn't going to be the one to solve this issue.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:00 pm

Lololzz scratch Ted Cruz........... not gonna be the best canfidate for President. i think?

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:01 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I’m a teacher. If I had a gun, I’d almost certainly accidentally shoot myself with it at some point.

i was not criticizing teachers, far from it, what i was saying that the personal/mental qualities that make for a great security guard are not necessarily those that make for great teachers, and vice-versa. sure there are ex-military teachers that could handle it, but even the professionals have been known to screw up badly and send a bullet or several where it doesn't belong. then the lawsuits would come thick and heavy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:02 pm

IMHO cruz the ooze qualifies as the worst person in texas.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:07 pm

Jakki wrote:
Just got the one detail about this situation that is not being addressed ...

Assuming the bullying allegations are correct, I hope those that bullied the boy get publicly shamed for what has happened.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:09 pm

It is a gun issue and a number of other issues all wrapped up and entangled together.

Did the boy have a driver's licence?
Yes, this is a "leading question". 8)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i was not criticizing teachers, far from it, what i was saying that the personal/mental qualities that make for a great security guard are not necessarily those that make for great teachers, and vice-versa. sure there are ex-military teachers that could handle it, but even the professionals have been known to screw up badly and send a bullet or several where it doesn't belong. then the lawsuits would come thick and heavy.

I didn’t think you were criticizing teachers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:12 pm

temp1234 wrote:
Thank you, Jakki, for sharing that piece of info. While the gun issue still exists, there is a lot bigger issue here. Those that bully and those that condone bullies are the real criminals. While I don't support killing, I feel sympathy towards the shooter. This is not the only instance where I felt in this way. Makes me wonder why people are so lenient on bullies.

Agreed. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:14 pm

magz wrote:
It is a gun issue and a number of other issues all wrapped up and entangled together.
Indeed.

I once wondered why there are no school shootings here - and decided that every society has frustrated teenagers, but here, the frustrated teenagers buy/steal from their parents vodka and get wasted. Still not good but less innocent victims.

In the US, access to guns seems easier than access to vodka. And, possibly, frustrated teenagers really have less options to deal with their frustration in less destructive ways?

It is both a gun issue and a mental-health/bullying issue, predominantly.