Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:59 am

When the COVID pandemic first started, I figured out how to protect myself and my family. One of the tools that I used was face mask. Not just any face mask but those called N95. I had a few stored in my garage. But they were mildewed. It took me around 2 weeks to destroy the mildew and make them usable again. One mask protected me for 3 months. The secret was that you needed to purify the mask with UV radiation for around 10 minutes at the end of the day when you put it in storage.

There are a variety of N95 face mask on the market. But after the pandemic started, they all disappeared from the shelves. One couldn't order them. As time when on, I found that they became available again for purchasing. There is one N95 that I put at the top of the list. It is made by Moldex and is called a 4200. Most N95s (without valves) are hard to use because they make it difficult to breath. But this mask has a greater air exposure because of the way it is designed. It is almost like not wearing a mask at all.

So apparently they are on the market again. Not that there is a dire need for them now. But you can buy some and be prepared for the next major pandemic. Just store them in a dry place inside your home. Not in your garage.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S- ... Respirator

p.s. I NEVER GOT COVID.
my wife, two daughters, their husband, and 3 of my children NEVER GOT COVID.
Only my two youngest grandchildren age 2 & 6 got the disease. And the small ones have a built in immunity to the disease. So the two little ones survived with minimal problems.
The one thing about COVID that was lost to the general population was that COVID was highly contagious. It can be transmitted beyond the 6 feet distance that we were told. There were several cases where it was transmitted 50 feet. That is why everyone got it.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 6:05 pm

I never got it, I was never tested until I went to the hospital in February, they tested me, it was negative.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 6:33 pm

I had my six, N95 masks that I had stock piled during an earlier possible pandemic. My family and I were wearing these masks from before the shutdown in March. We have all avoided COVID so far also. I am still wearing an N95 in stores.