Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 4:21 pm

Blue_Star wrote:
How is that any shallower than a man saying he won't date a woman over 5'5"? Or over a size 14? Or who has a child? People have preferences, & that's ok. Do you really think everyone should accept everyone unconditionally? That's just not realistic.

Jamesy wrote:
On the dating show 'Take me out' the host Paddy Mcguiness who is 6ft 1/2 himself was going on about his height and one of the ladies said to him "No your to short I want a guy who is 6ft5".

Do you think that was incredibly shallow of the woman to say that?

Depends on of someone can do something about it or not. I think it's a lot more shallow to judge based on a trait an individual can't do anything about compared to one they have full control over. Kids and being obese are a personal decision. Height is not.

Each are free to make their own preferences in a partner but it doesn't change the fact many of them can be shallow.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 May 2022, 5:37 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Are you shallow, Jamesy?

You're also preoccupied with judging people by height.
You even judge yourself by your height.

Perhaps it's an interest for her, just like it is for you.
I you look at things from a certain point of view, every single one of us(including myself) can all be shallow & judgemental sometimes. Judging others as shallow when we know next to nothing about them & why they have the preferences they have makes us judgemental & perhaps also shallow. Weather it is shallow or not to judge someone else by their height is irreverent. People like what they like & dislike what they dislike & we cant really change anyone else's preferences so this thread is moot.

Where_am_I wrote:
Maybe she was trying to be funny.
I thought that might be a possibility myself.

Lost_dragon wrote:
It should be noted that Take Me Out is a rather scripted show with multiple takes. We have no real way of knowing if such thoughts were genuine or if she was just advised to act this way because the showrunners thought it would be amusing for one of the attendees to turn down the host. Reality TV is rarely real.
I never heard of that show but I think that's quite possible.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 28 May 2022, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 5:40 am

Where_am_I wrote:
Maybe she was trying to be funny.

Yeah. It sounds like was joking.