Russian village that still use soviet passports

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 11:14 pm

I just saw a youtube video about Russian village that doesn't recognize the Russian government and instead has Soviet passport and use Soviet money. They hope for re-unification of Soviet Union: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blw4oophEqc

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 3:18 am

Trouble is ...I dont understand Russian. But I am sure its interesting. Lol! There is probably a lot more nostalgia for the USSR in Russia than an American might expect.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:18 am

There is considerable nostalgia for the USSR amongst pensioners.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:21 am

Tends to be the older generation in small towns that remember the good old days before the local mine shut and young people moved away.

Most Russians don’t want the USSR back simply because they see many of those former republics as freeloaders sucking the wealth out of Russia

- George Bernie Shaw

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 May 2022, 8:12 am

carlos55 wrote:
Most Russians don’t want the USSR back simply because they see many of those former republics as freeloaders sucking the wealth out of Russia
That's pretty funny because many of the former republics see themselves as having been exploited by RSFSR - and some simply call their USSR time "occupation".
So, it looks like dissolution of USSR was a win-win.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:43 am

carlos55 wrote:
Tends to be the older generation in small towns that remember the good old days before the local mine shut and young people moved away.

Most Russians miss USSR, just look at the comments under any old Soviet youtube movie or a clip. The topic of the movie or a clip might be totally unrelatd to USSR, yet most of the comments are talking about how much they miss USSR. And the people that respond are of all ages.

Here is one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRYzImN_bDM

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 1:59 pm

QFT wrote:
carlos55 wrote:

Most Russians miss USSR, just look at the comments under any old Soviet youtube movie or a clip. The topic of the movie or a clip might be totally unrelatd to USSR, yet most of the comments are talking about how much they miss USSR. And the people that respond are of all ages.

Here is one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRYzImN_bDM

DUDE! I just got through reminding you that most of us cant read Russian. :) Cant even decipher cyrillic letters, much less understand what theyre saying. You might wanna translate a few random examples for us all.