A 65th birthday tribute to Siouxsie Sioux

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 11:14 pm

With all the sad news of people dying we do need a change of pace. It is hard to pin a label on her, she has been described as New wave, Post Punk, Goth, and Alternative. While she is all of those, what it boils down to she is Siouxsie unique, one of a good kind.

Anti-Asian hate crimes have been in the news lately. She was writing and singing about it in 1978.

Not too many songs about Multiple Personality disorder out there. Leave it to Siouxsie

When 9/11 happened there were all of these cringy tribute songs. The first song that came to mind and still comes to mind.

If this song does not get your blood racing you must be in a coma or dead.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 3:07 am

I hope she had a good birthday. I will wrap this tribute up with a couple of covers she did.

It takes guts to try and cover an iconic Beatles song. It takes talent to both do it justice and make it your own. Maybe it helped that Robert Smith of The Cure was substituting for their regular guitarist who was having a drinking problem.

Iggy Pop said of this cover of his song ‘The Passenger’ “ That's good. She sings it well and she threw a little note in when she sings it, that I wish I had thought of, it's kind of improved it [...]. The horn thing is good”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2022, 9:07 pm

The DJ for the punk station I listen to talked about her birthday & has been playing a bit of her stuff. I mostly only heard the radio airplay hits which are pretty good. I should look for her stuff :pirat:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition