Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 9:27 am

Double Retired wrote:
Putting something over your computer's camera lens is a good idea. If hackers break into your computer they can use the camera to watch you.

"Hackers can access your mobile and laptop cameras and record you – cover them up now"

Very true and scary when you think about it. OTOH I haven't covered my camera, perhaps I'm daring them to blackmail me or something.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 10:06 am

MaxE wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Putting something over your computer's camera lens is a good idea. If hackers break into your computer they can use the camera to watch you.

"Hackers can access your mobile and laptop cameras and record you – cover them up now"

Very true and scary when you think about it. OTOH I haven't covered my camera, perhaps I'm daring them to blackmail me or something.

I usually have my laptop closed. I hope nobody's watching me, because I usually walk around the apartment naked.

I don't like being watched. This is why I hate doing forms and things online or paying online. You just don't know who's got your ID details and God knows what else. And there are all these naive people thinking the internet is the most wonderful thing ever invented. No, it isn't.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 3:07 pm

You probably should not be naked where the computer's camera can see you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:31 pm

Double Retired wrote:

Yer but my home is the only place in the world where I can completely be myself (as most homes are to most people), and it's bad enough having to make sure the light isn't on with the blinds up so that I don't get seen from people outside, and now I have to avoid being near my laptop too. But usually my laptop is closed, or even switched off (as I use my phone most of the time to go online).

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

Yer but my home is the only place in the world where I can completely be myself (as most homes are to most people), and it's bad enough having to make sure the light isn't on with the blinds up so that I don't get seen from people outside, and now I have to avoid being near my laptop too. But usually my laptop is closed, or even switched off (as I use my phone most of the time to go online).

bring on the old days

gotta let the skin get some air

an ex once asked me if I could put some clothes on please

]eerrrrrr

no lol

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:56 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

=>- When it is closed or off it can't see you.
=>- If you are not in its line of sight (including reflections) it can't see you.
=>- If you put something over the camera lens it cannot see you.

HuffPost "73,000 Webcams Are Open to Peeping Toms -- Is Yours?"

Many cellphones have cameras, too.

Some TVs had cameras, too.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 5:28 pm

Well there's not much chance of me not being naked near my cellphone, as that is usually quite near me at any given time, even in the bathroom!

I think it's disgusting that there's a chance people can be watched through electronic devices in their own homes. It shouldn't be allowed to go on. But if they're people from outside of the UK then there's nothing the law here can do, which is very saddening and scary.

All those times I got into humiliating trouble at school for recording me having non-private conversations with my friends on my phone or following a crowd of girls around the school, and now it goes on everywhere like it's become normalised.

Hopefully one day the computer system will collapse completely and we'll all have to do things the social way again. At least banks, post offices and record stores will open up again and there will be loads of jobs for people again. Yes I know banks rely on computers but they used computers before everyone started living their lives online, so why can't it just go back to those days again, like pre-2005?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 10:27 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Well there's not much chance of me not being naked near my cellphone, as that is usually quite near me at any given time, even in the bathroom!

Yeah, your phone definitely heard you listening to Thomas, then.

I think it's creepy enough that our smart TV will analyze when we're watching a DVD/BD, figure out what movie it is (most of the time it gets it correct), and recommend a service that will let us watch it streaming instead.

Um...okay? What purpose does that serve?? We're already watching the movie, and in a superior format!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2022, 8:51 pm

People are so funny sometimes. They willingly give up their personal data in order to have access to everybody else's & then they complain about how their own privacy data is violated & used against them :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 1:49 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61666340

She's smart enough to realise FB is a sinking ship.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 2:53 pm

Pickles cartoon :)

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 10:31 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

=>- If you are not in its line of sight (including reflections) it can't see you.

People spying on other people through camera lens on laptops, phones & iPads, SCARY! I didn’t know, I’m always in the dark of not knowing thing. TVs have cameras too.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 1:42 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

People spying on other people through camera lens on laptops, phones & iPads, SCARY! I didn’t know, I’m always in the dark of not knowing thing. TVs have cameras too.

Just put a piece of electrical tape over the lense. Mostly all that is keeping track of us are advertising programs called "bots". They only care about what kind advertisements to send you.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 9:00 am

I would agree that you are unlikely to be the victim of webcam spying. But it does happen.

And, yeah, your every move on the Internet is tracked so they know what advertising to send you.

It is nasty out there.