Anybody receive services via CA Regional Center, or..?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 2:34 pm

Anybody receive services via CA Regional Center, or through any state's Department of Developmental Services?

Experiences?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 5:47 pm

I did.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 2:35 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I did.

Thank-you for posting to this discussion thread.

It's all to rare here for WP members to mention experiences with the CA Regional Center, as well as other state's services that serve clients with developmental disabilities.

Currently, I'm in the process of going from four quarterly meetings with a CA Regional Center advisor, to working with an ILS 'Indepdendent Living Services' coordinators.

The initial process of developing just how, and what ILS servies are delivered is slow. So far, my meetings have involved handling those tiny details (minutiae), and educating the coordinators.

The CA Regional Center has been slow to recognize clientele with least restrictions to indepdendence - such as (HFA) High Functioning Autism.

Further details are in this WP discussion:
viewtopic.php?t=406211

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 8:29 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I did.

Thank-you for posting to this discussion thread.

It's all to rare here for WP members to mention experiences with the CA Regional Center, as well as other state's services that serve clients with developmental disabilities.

Currently, I'm in the process of going from four quarterly meetings with a CA Regional Center advisor, to working with an ILS 'Indepdendent Living Services' coordinators.

The initial process of developing just how, and what ILS servies are delivered is slow. So far, my meetings have involved handling those tiny details (minutiae), and educating the coordinators.

The CA Regional Center has been slow to recognize clientele with least restrictions to indepdendence - such as (HFA) High Functioning Autism.

Further details are in this WP discussion:
viewtopic.php?t=406211

^ See UPDATE to above WP discussion link. ^