Can you figure out the secret about this Face?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 6:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Here in the US they used (maybe still do) the milk carton kid thing on the instruction booklets for your taxes. So if you look up and take breather from sweating out your taxes you could...worry about whether kids youve seen in the neighborhood are abducted, or not!. The margins would have pics of missing children - their last know snapshot- and right next to that a computer generated image of what the kid would look like now after aging for X number of years. The black and white computer generated pics were always just a BIT off from what real humans look like. The nose is a millimeter too long, the upper lips a milimeter too narrow. Not jarring, but if you look closely, not quite right.

So that makes this thing look all of the more amazing.

The tech is able to make it look real. So I have to wonder if it must be done on purpose. If the image has some glitch to it, then psychologically people cannot fully accept that that is what the child will look like but only could look like.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 11:08 am

SpiralingCrow wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Here in the US they used (maybe still do) the milk carton kid thing on the instruction booklets for your taxes. So if you look up and take breather from sweating out your taxes you could...worry about whether kids youve seen in the neighborhood are abducted, or not!. The margins would have pics of missing children - their last know snapshot- and right next to that a computer generated image of what the kid would look like now after aging for X number of years. The black and white computer generated pics were always just a BIT off from what real humans look like. The nose is a millimeter too long, the upper lips a milimeter too narrow. Not jarring, but if you look closely, not quite right.

So that makes this thing look all of the more amazing.

The tech is able to make it look real. So I have to wonder if it must be done on purpose. If the image has some glitch to it, then psychologically people cannot fully accept that that is what the child will look like but only could look like.

My point was that the tech must have evolve a lot even in the last few years- since those milk carton kids pics were placed in my 1040 tax forms. But yes...maybe its peaches to pears. "Aging" an existing face is probably not quite the same task as generating a whole new novel face.