Will CDs make a comeback decades from now?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2022, 5:13 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Space50 wrote:
Will CDs make a comeback decades from now like vinyl records have?

If it is true that history repeats, AM radio and then 8 track tapes will have to make comebacks a couple decades before CDs make a comeback.
:wink:

AM radio never really went away, at least in my area. They just only use it for talk radio nowadays, not music.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 1:44 am

I miss my 8-track tapes.

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2022, 10:44 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Space50 wrote:
Will CDs make a comeback decades from now like vinyl records have?

If it is true that history repeats, AM radio and then 8 track tapes will have to make comebacks a couple decades before CDs make a comeback.
:wink:

Also cassette tapes, VHS tapes, and floppy disks.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 1:16 pm

You can't get DVDs at..."thrift stores"?... if the DVDs never got released to begin with. For example there's no more box sets of the Simpsons after season 20, it's only accessible on Disney+, but I don't have Disney+, I want the box sets to watch on my DVD player. :x

Why don't they give people a choice instead of just assuming that everyone has or wants Disney+ or Netflix? The Simpsons has millions of fans, you'd have thought that something as popular as that would get away with still selling DVDs, especially for the true Simpsons fans like myself.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2022, 5:56 pm

I'm wondering when VCR tapes will make a comeback due to people liking the snow on the screen & the static sound; like how people like records because of the pops, clicks, static, & scratchy sound when the needle gets stuck repeating :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 6:36 pm

I think media has something against me. I want to buy a DVD, they don't have that particular one on DVD anywhere in the world and I'm forced to get Disney+ and watch everything on there. But then I have the Audible app on my phone (which I pay monthly for) but most of the audiobooks I want aren't available on Audible but only available physically - which isn't what I want.

Why do they make life so unfair? :x *puts elbows on the table and rests chin on hands in a helpless sulk*

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2022, 6:50 pm

^^^There's lots of TV shows I liked that were never released on DVD or put out on any streaming services AFAIK. Sometimes people have bootleg DVDs for sale on eBay that someone had recorded from the cable when the show aired. That's one of the reasons I :pirat: media. It's copyright infringement but if a legit copy of the show or album is not for sale & not available on streaming services, How the f#ck is the studio, station, &/or artist losing any possible money at all by me DLing a copy without paying for it :?: so I don't get why they have such a huge problem with pirating :scratch:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 7:35 pm

You can't even get a stereo system with Turntable, CD player and radio unless you buy it on line.

The one I have doesn't work anymore only the radio but all you get in shops are Turntables on their own or portable CD players which I already have. :evil: