Mass shootings in Oklahoma and Tennessee

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 1:40 pm

1 dead, 7 injured in Oklahoma festival shooting

Quote:
Authorities said one person was killed and seven were injured in a shooting early Sunday at an outdoor festival in eastern Oklahoma, with a witness describing frantic people running for cover as the gunfire erupted.

Two juveniles were among those shot at the Memorial Day event near Taft, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) southeast of Tulsa, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

Witnesses said an argument preceded the gunfire just after midnight, the agency said. No one has been arrested, it said.

About 1,500 people attended the event in Taft, which usually has a population of just a few hundred people. Members of the Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office were in attendance and immediately began rendering aid, OSBI said.

About 1,500 people attended the event in Taft, which usually has a population of just a few hundred people. Members of the Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office were in attendance and immediately began rendering aid, OSBI said.

6 injured in shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police say
Quote:

At least six people were injured on Saturday night during an exchange of gunfire in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police said.

Chattanooga police officers were patrolling the downtown area at about 10:48 p.m. local time when they "observed multiple parties exchanging gunfire and numerous people fleeing the area" near 100 Cherry St.

"Our Officers began rendering aid to the victims as well as assisting others to safety," a police spokesperson said. "They were able to detain at least one person of interest in the incident in the moments after the shooting began."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2022, 2:57 am

Geesh, Oak Brook all over

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 6:46 pm

When will this shooting pandemic stop? :x