Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 8:35 pm

Thought I'd ask, because I've been thinking about it a lot recently, and I think I have some kind of deep loneliness I'm having.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 1:15 am

I was very lonely about a month ago, it also felt like stabbing pains

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 2:59 am

No.

I miss those close to me, but through genetics, disorder and life, I was made into an asocial loner at best, pariah at worst, so I mostly walk alone, not lonely, but missing those rare few that for some strange reason, I somehow managed to make connections to against all the odds over years.

No words to describe how much I miss someone I've known for a long time regardless of the situation, but I do see her walking too, so I'm happy that I do, and I know she's there.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 4:23 am

Thankfully, I never feel lonely.
I have 3 k9 kids, btw.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 4:37 am

Dillogic wrote:
No.

I miss those close to me, but through genetics, disorder and life, I was made into an asocial loner at best, pariah at worst, so I mostly walk alone, not lonely, but missing those rare few that for some strange reason, I somehow managed to make connections to against all the odds over years.

No words to describe how much I miss someone I've known for a long time regardless of the situation, but I do see her walking too, so I'm happy that I do, and I know she's there.

Join the club. 8)

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 8:51 am

Being alone isn't so bad as long as you've got your life together and yourself together.

Yeah I get lonely sometimes usually at night.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 11:12 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
Being alone isn't so bad as long as you've got your life together and yourself together.

Well, maybe for you, but for me, loneliness is not a good lifestyle for me.

I really, REALLY want to find someone special in my life to share with, but such a person I'm seeking is very NEARLY impossible to find. :(

Even though I do have my family, but without a "special someone", I just feel like a little fish in a big pond.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 7:39 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:

Well, maybe for you, but for me, loneliness is not a good lifestyle for me.

I really, REALLY want to find someone special in my life to share with, but such a person I'm seeking is very NEARLY impossible to find. :(

Even though I do have my family, but without a "special someone", I just feel like a little fish in a big pond.

The evolutionary process has created this urge, yes.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:45 pm

Lol.

bunglebonse
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2022, 6:37 pm

I don't get lonely for some reason, whatever part required to feel that may be missing in me

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2022, 11:08 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:

Thought I'd ask, because I've been thinking about it a lot recently, and I think I have some kind of deep loneliness I'm having.

That channel's videos are so soothing

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 11:33 pm

All the time.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 5:46 am

I think a lot of people on the spectrum feel lonely. In fact, I think people in general feel lonely these days more than ever. I know I do. Living in a neurotypical world as an autistic person can be really isolating sometimes. I suppose if I'd known I was autistic sooner, I'd have made more attempt to connect with others on the spectrum. But I'm really only just beginning that journey now.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 9:01 pm

The desire for a "special someone", coming from a man, also carries with it the way men are raised to treat each other. You can have male friends, but if what you need is someone to physically touch you more than once every five years, you're best served with a dog, or some other kind of pet.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 9:03 pm

The desire for a "special someone", coming from a man, also carries with it the way men are raised to treat each other. You can have male friends, but if what you need is someone to just so much as physically touch you more than once,briefly, every five years, you're better served with a dog than with a male friend.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 9:14 pm

I feel lonely most of the time. I don't have any friends and only interact with people in my family and with people from work. The interactions with coworkers are very superficial. I like hanging out with my cousins, but I wish that I had one non-familial person my age that I could hang out with.