is beauty in the eye of the beholder ?

Page 8 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Uhuh right, "Judgment of attractiveness of physical traits is partly universal to all human cultures, partly dependent on culture or society or time period, and partly a matter of individual subjective preference." - Wikipedia

But how much partly , huh? I estimate it as 80% partly .

Is that all what you could found? hmm

myeyesseekreality
Raven
Raven

09 Sep 2007, 5:36 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. The more you drink the prettier she becomes. Beer helping ugly people get laid since 1852.

No seriously the whole symetrical face does seem to be a factor for most. I used to have a symetrical chiseled face untill a bomb, and a few other injuries after the stitches changed that. As well as breaking my nose a couple of times. Now I don't seem to be noticed as much. Of course I've been told when women notice me. I never know on my own.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 8:07 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:
Uhuh right, "Judgment of attractiveness of physical traits is partly universal to all human cultures, partly dependent on culture or society or time period, and partly a matter of individual subjective preference." - Wikipedia

But how much partly , huh? I estimate it as 80% partly .

Is that all what you could found? hmm

And how much of that estimation is based on first hand knowledge? I'd say none, you're no Scientist, you're not the one doing the studying, your "estimation" is worthless. You might as well have said 60%, or 90%, or 50%. Either way you're contradicting your previous position that it isn't in the eye of the beholder, in other words your argument used to be that it is all genetics and it is not different from one person to the next, now you've changed your position, but you still seem to disagree with me even though I never said it couldn't be partly about genetics, in fact my position has been that it's partly genetics all along, you just seem to be unable to accept that.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 8:57 am

Quote:
It's ok if you love someone who's less attractive than the norm because of the other good traits she possesses . For example , you might love an ugly or fat girl for her smartness but deep inside you know that she's ugly and much less attractive than slim and pretty girls .

What if you're physically attracted to chubby/fat girls? I find bigger girls more attractive than slim girls, up to a certain size, and I don't see them as unattractive "deep down" myself. And also in Japan, imperfection is culturally seen as beauty. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 3:40 pm

Anubis wrote:

What if you're physically attracted to chubby/fat girls?

Then you are fortunate.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 9:03 am

Anubis wrote:
Quote:
It's ok if you love someone who's less attractive than the norm because of the other good traits she possesses . For example , you might love an ugly or fat girl for her smartness but deep inside you know that she's ugly and much less attractive than slim and pretty girls .

What if you're physically attracted to chubby/fat girls? I find bigger girls more attractive than slim girls, up to a certain size, and I don't see them as unattractive "deep down" myself. And also in Japan, imperfection is culturally seen as beauty. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.

Already been argued, LePetite just ignored it.

"This is just wrong. I've known guys who prefer
VERY heavy women. Likewise, women who prefer
a stout guy." - calandale

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 3:05 pm

There are only two sites I've ever considered to be beautiful. One is my boyfriend in a purple dress-type outfit. The other is my boyfriend in his nightgowns.

So yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.