is beauty in the eye of the beholder ?

Page 8 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,060
Location: Croydon

05 Sep 2007, 8:04 am

I wonder how much pecentage of men have 30% of woman taller then them.



Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,293
Location: Over the stars...?

05 Sep 2007, 8:24 am

kdhgdjud



Last edited by Aridarr on 09 Sep 2007, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,131

05 Sep 2007, 10:53 pm

Aridarr wrote:

(I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so I hope I'm not completely off-track.)


When I see something like this,
I pretty much disregard the post.

Hell, 'tis not like I read every post,
but unless it's a quick quip, you should
at least read the current page.



Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,413
Location: Australia

07 Sep 2007, 3:57 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Here's my advice, and yes I know I'm harsh, I don't care, learn english, learn to argue (Properly), and start thinking before posting. Hopefully you'll make more sense, less mistakes, and you'll see the holes in what you're saying. Remember, I'm not attacking you for your views, if you want to come at me with personal attacks, assuming things about me or my personal life, don't bother, you'll just make it worse for yourself than it already is. And I'll care even less about your opinion. Got it?


Do you know how to speak/write Arabic or French or Persian you Mr. Australian ? If yes , then you can give me lectures about improving my English ,I am not a native English speaker in case you didn't notice and I only started learning English in complementary school for 2 hours per week . All the other courses were either in French or Arabic . So try to be like me before criticizing me .

Besides , about the beauty thing . It's ok if you love someone who's less attractive than the norm because of the other good traits she possesses . For example , you might love an ugly or fat girl for her smartness but deep inside you know that she's ugly and much less attractive than slim and pretty girls . I myself less attractive than the norm too but that doesn't change the fact that physical attractiveness (beauty) is very objective and much more related to instincts than media , for example I am 5'3'' and so many girls rejected me because I am too short ("I prefer a taller guy than me " , I prefer taller....) .

If really beauty is in the eye of the beholder then how you can explain that less than 1% of husbands in the world are shorter than their wives ??? and surely this weak percentage is not due to the fact that men are averagely usually taller than women because there are a lot of women who are taller than a lot of men ... but it's rather due to the fact that 99% of women are usually not attracted to shorter men.

As I said if you look around you find out that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder ' is no more than a bullshit saying to make less attractive ppl to feel better .

As Chav said , science is not alway politically correct ...so sometimes science says things that you don't like to hear .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

PS : the link is not for you but for other users since you would probably see it as 'useless piece of information' .


Don't try and make this about intelligence, or hardship, I couldn't care less what you've had to go through, we're having an argument, and if you can't communicate properly information gets lost and things aren't understood.

Frankly I couldn't care less about your girlfriend, or your interests, this isn't about that. So stop trying to derail my point. And no I don't have a Girlfriend.

Great assumption, care to actually back that up with evidence or are you just going to keep throwing "facts" at me?

Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about I wouldn't insult you.

I'm sure you think you've made an incredibly good point there, but on my side it looks awkward and pointless.

Right, it isn't PC, so how does that automatically make you correct? Oh that's right, it doesn't. You haven't got anything to attack me with so you just decide to assume things about me, that I'm PC, that I have an ugly girlfriend, all kinds of stupid childish things.

Uhuh right, "Judgment of attractiveness of physical traits is partly universal to all human cultures, partly dependent on culture or society or time period, and partly a matter of individual subjective preference." - Wikipedia

I suppose you wont mind if I post something from the link you just posted which contradicts what you've been saying all along?


_________________
"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson


Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,293
Location: Over the stars...?

07 Sep 2007, 4:01 am

calandale wrote:
Hell, 'tis not like I read every post,
but unless it's a quick quip, you should
at least read the current page.


I did read the current page. Not much of interest to me.



Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,413
Location: Australia

07 Sep 2007, 6:00 am

Aridarr wrote:
Beauty is a matter of personal taste.

I think the only variations that could possibly not be seen as beautiful, by at least a few people, are those brought about by illness or disease; such as dramatic growths upon the face or horrific skin-leasions. These are things that signify genetic weakness; unattractive to anyone as the purpose of any physical attraction (at least, between people of opposing genders) is propegation, to mix genes and pass them on. Nobody would want unhealthy children, so most would avoid an unhealthy mate. (This applies based on physical appearence alone - things get more complex when personalities are involved.)

(I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so I hope I'm not completely off-track.)

In reply the the first post, I f**king adore skinny guys. :D


I'd have to assume that's wrong, simply because I see a lot of people say this or that is impossible, when I know it is possible. There's probably a Fetish for it, after all there's a Fetish for pretty much everything else... piss, pain, humiliation, domination.


_________________
"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson


LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,130

08 Sep 2007, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Uhuh right, "Judgment of attractiveness of physical traits is partly universal to all human cultures, partly dependent on culture or society or time period, and partly a matter of individual subjective preference." - Wikipedia


But how much partly , huh? I estimate it as 80% partly .

Is that all what you could found? hmm



myeyesseekreality
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 115

09 Sep 2007, 5:36 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. The more you drink the prettier she becomes. Beer helping ugly people get laid since 1852.

No seriously the whole symetrical face does seem to be a factor for most. I used to have a symetrical chiseled face untill a bomb, and a few other injuries after the stitches changed that. As well as breaking my nose a couple of times. Now I don't seem to be noticed as much. Of course I've been told when women notice me. I never know on my own.



Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,413
Location: Australia

09 Sep 2007, 8:07 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:
Uhuh right, "Judgment of attractiveness of physical traits is partly universal to all human cultures, partly dependent on culture or society or time period, and partly a matter of individual subjective preference." - Wikipedia


But how much partly , huh? I estimate it as 80% partly .

Is that all what you could found? hmm


And how much of that estimation is based on first hand knowledge? I'd say none, you're no Scientist, you're not the one doing the studying, your "estimation" is worthless. You might as well have said 60%, or 90%, or 50%. Either way you're contradicting your previous position that it isn't in the eye of the beholder, in other words your argument used to be that it is all genetics and it is not different from one person to the next, now you've changed your position, but you still seem to disagree with me even though I never said it couldn't be partly about genetics, in fact my position has been that it's partly genetics all along, you just seem to be unable to accept that.


_________________
"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson


Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 131
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,838
Location: Mount Herculaneum/England

09 Sep 2007, 8:57 am

Quote:
It's ok if you love someone who's less attractive than the norm because of the other good traits she possesses . For example , you might love an ugly or fat girl for her smartness but deep inside you know that she's ugly and much less attractive than slim and pretty girls .


What if you're physically attracted to chubby/fat girls? I find bigger girls more attractive than slim girls, up to a certain size, and I don't see them as unattractive "deep down" myself. And also in Japan, imperfection is culturally seen as beauty. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.


_________________
Lalalalai.... I'll cut you up!


calandale
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,131

09 Sep 2007, 3:40 pm

Anubis wrote:

What if you're physically attracted to chubby/fat girls?


Then you are fortunate.



Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,413
Location: Australia

11 Sep 2007, 9:03 am

Anubis wrote:
Quote:
It's ok if you love someone who's less attractive than the norm because of the other good traits she possesses . For example , you might love an ugly or fat girl for her smartness but deep inside you know that she's ugly and much less attractive than slim and pretty girls .


What if you're physically attracted to chubby/fat girls? I find bigger girls more attractive than slim girls, up to a certain size, and I don't see them as unattractive "deep down" myself. And also in Japan, imperfection is culturally seen as beauty. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.


Already been argued, LePetite just ignored it.

"This is just wrong. I've known guys who prefer
VERY heavy women. Likewise, women who prefer
a stout guy." - calandale


_________________
"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson


Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,053

11 Sep 2007, 3:05 pm

There are only two sites I've ever considered to be beautiful. One is my boyfriend in a purple dress-type outfit. The other is my boyfriend in his nightgowns.

So yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.