Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 7:45 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I hate nail polish. It makes my finger nails feel like they are suffocating.

I hate nail polish, too. That’s exactly how it feels to me. I also can’t stand having long nails. They always get in the way and make it difficult to do anything. Most importantly, I can’t play the piano as well with long finger nails.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 8:18 pm

I stim by touching my face too much for makeup.
It was always rubbed off within about 20 minutes.

It feels sticky too.

The only thing I wear on my skin sometimes is a green primer, since I'm a redhead.
^ Smashbox is my fave.
Then some lip gloss.

I'm lucky I've never really needed eye makeup because my eyes stand out on their own.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 11:09 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
What are your thoughts?

Do you wear any?

Do you find it problematic sensory-wise?

I find even light makeup problematic but wear it anyway because I like the way it looks.

(This topic isn’t solely limited to women, of course.)

It makes me feel like I've got a dirty face. I do put it on though but I usually wash it straight off.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 11:43 am

babybird wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
What are your thoughts?

Do you wear any?

Do you find it problematic sensory-wise?

I find even light makeup problematic but wear it anyway because I like the way it looks.

(This topic isn’t solely limited to women, of course.)

It makes me feel like I've got a dirty face. I do put it on though but I usually wash it straight off.

As soon as I get home, I wash it off and get into comfy clothes. Well, I used to get into comfy clothes. This year I’ve managed to find clothes that I can wear to work and that feel like PJs.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 12:13 pm

The only thing vaguely makeup related that I wear is nail polish. Maybe if I was on HRT I'd try wearing other types of makeup for fun. Right now it makes me really dysphoric, though.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 12:40 pm

I love watching people put make up on. Especially when they do all that contouring and they look like a completely different person afterwards.

Hus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2022, 1:26 pm

I never learned how to apply makeup appropriately. I tried but it felt very heavy and dirty, I couldn't feel comfortable and I didn't feel more beautiful so I gave up. Now I use a little bit of lipstick when I wear something red or some other strong color because I see my face in the mirror too pale. But at the age of 34 I still often have few annoying pimples on my face. I wish I knew how to hide them when I go to an important meeting like a job interview. I guess I can use foundation for this but I hate the feeling on my face. And again I guess using only foundation is not enough, it makes the face look pale and than I need to blush my cheeks or maybe some other parts... I'd be very happy if you have any suggestions about how to hide pimples or which foundation to use.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 2:55 pm

Hus wrote:
I never learned how to apply makeup appropriately. I tried but it felt very heavy and dirty, I couldn't feel comfortable and I didn't feel more beautiful so I gave up. Now I use a little bit of lipstick when I wear something red or some other strong color because I see my face in the mirror too pale. But at the age of 34 I still often have few annoying pimples on my face. I wish I knew how to hide them when I go to an important meeting like a job interview. I guess I can use foundation for this but I hate the feeling on my face. And again I guess using only foundation is not enough, it makes the face look pale and than I need to blush my cheeks or maybe some other parts... I'd be very happy if you have any suggestions about how to hide pimples or which foundation to use.

In terms of covering pimples with makeup....a good concealer would help hide it. Bobbi Brown are good.

What is your diet and cleansing/moisturising routine like? Eating loads of fresh fruit and vegetables, and ensuring you regularly eat omega3 rich food, will give your skin a healthy glow and help reduce pimples. And having a morning and evening routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising, will help too. (Apologies if you know and already do this!)

Edit: forgot to add water! Drinking 8-10 glasses a day helps too!

Hus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2022, 3:36 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
In terms of covering pimples with makeup....a good concealer would help hide it. Bobbi Brown are good.

What is your diet and cleansing/moisturising routine like? Eating loads of fresh fruit and vegetables, and ensuring you regularly eat omega3 rich food, will give your skin a healthy glow and help reduce pimples. And having a morning and evening routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising, will help too. (Apologies if you know and already do this!)

I am quoting someone for the first time, I hope I am doing this right:) In case it is wrong, my answer is to ''Where am I''

No apologies needed. You will see why in a second.

I have never used concealer. I thought I had to use foundation or something else on top of it, otherwise it would look like patchwork. But I guess that's not the case. I'll look into it.

I don't really have a routine:/ I try to do a face mask once a week and wash my face with face cleansing soap bars (HappySoaps) when I feel my face is too oily. And moisturize with cream after that. Because I don't do makeup, I don't wash everyday with a product. I didn't know it was necessary:/

And when it comes to food, yes I don't eat a lot of fruit or vegetables, or fish. And I like eating pastry and sweet things, I guess that doesn't help. I should change this lifestyle, probably, yes... 8O

Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: Thankfully, I don't need to change my water drinking habit, I drink a lot already, more than 9 glasses easily. :)

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 10:38 pm

I like liquid eyeliner a lot. Urban Decay stopped making liquid for some reason and I switched to Too Face's "better than sex" eyeliner.

I also go naked face a lot too :lol:

Ollywog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Oct 2022, 5:44 pm

traven wrote:
No one HAS to wear make up

I don't think that's true. A lot of women are effectively required to for their jobs. Without it they are not considered to look "professional."

calliaz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2022, 8:10 pm

I have sensory issues with eye makeup and nail polish on my fingers. I don't have issues with foundation and most lipsticks. I typically wear light/natural makeup. I can't wear most jewelry. I fidget with it when I do.

satsuma650
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2022, 5:28 pm

I love makeup but can’t stand anything on my eyes.

So it’s only foundation, blush, lip products and even then I’m iffy. Lip gloss is ok but not if it’s too gloopy and liquid lipsticks are out of the question

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 2:10 am

My main makeup is foundation to cover red areas (mainly my nose and chin). Once I bought a foundation online that promised it would adapt to any skin colour. It actually fulfilled that promise and I would have loved to keep using it but it made my skin even more oily than what it is usually. So it was back to old faithful Maybelline. I have to use a cleanser for oily skin before I apply any makeup.

I don't wear any eye makeup as it's pointless because I wear dark blue lenses in my glasses.

I'll wear lip balm or gloss but it never lasts long because I kind of chew it off.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 9:06 am

I want to wear make-up but I just hate applying it. If someone could do it for me every day then I'd be up for that lol. I keep worrying that it might look uneven. There are social taboos about how make-up is applied and it must be precisely symmetrical otherwise people somehow notice and will ridicule you, and that's the last thing I need with my low self-confidence. Hating looking at myself in the mirror doesn't help either.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 12:20 am

^Ha, yes, when I was a young adult my sister used to like doing my makeup whenever I was going out at night, or to dinner or with her and her friends (she used to let me hang out with her friends) and I liked that because I would look nice. She did my makeup for my wedding which I was grateful for. Like you, I'd be up for having my makeup done every day. I've been doing my own for years but I still feel like a novice at it.