Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Loaf Artist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2023, 2:24 pm

sometimes I wear a full face, sometimes just a bit of eyeliner and chapstick. It really depends.
I can get over how it feels on my face, unless it's rainy and humid out. Then it feels sticky and it gives me a headache.

TheEbonyEwe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2023, 8:33 pm

I got dealt a very bad hand in the looks department so yeah, I try to put a little complimentary paint on the old barn so I don't scare children when I go out. lol

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 2:54 am

TheEbonyEwe wrote:
I got dealt a very bad hand in the looks department so yeah, I try to put a little complimentary paint on the old barn so I don't scare children when I go out. lol

So did I and I laughed at the way you worded that! :D

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2023, 7:05 am

Worn make up twice - I was in a play. Sensory nightmare.

I can sometimes stand a light sunblock/moisturizer. Lip balm if my lips are actually cracking.

I love the look of nail polish, but struggle with having fingernails at all, let alone painting them!

I love jewelry - because I can fidget with it.

I did not wear any makeup for my wedding. I did not get my hair done. It had been cut or year or so prior, so I just brushed, braided, and stuck a little flower halo on. What you see is what you get!

Vissora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2023, 5:14 pm

I mostly only wear light makeup such as foundation, eyeshadow, lip balm, lip cream, blusher etc.

Aero_T
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2023, 9:56 am

A neighbour of mine is a professional make-up artist for films etc and she swears by Max Factor for most products.

When I was out and about more I wore make-up, eyes and lips mostly. Now I work from home I just dont bother and I find that very liberating.

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2023, 2:38 pm

I like wearing makeup. It makes me feel pretty.

SandyLife223
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2023, 7:28 am

I do wear makeup, mostly blush, eyeshadow, lipstick and I’ve tried the eyelashes thingy. I do like it tbh.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 11:55 pm

I don't usually. I don't really understand how to pick it or how.to.use it.
I'm kind of useless in the doing hair and make up department.

I would like to try and also do.thing with my hair. Don't really have someone to teach me those things so it's probably unlikely to change.

celineefidi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2023, 5:18 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to chime in and say that makeup can be a bit tricky when it comes to sensory preferences. Personally, I also find certain makeup products a little bothersome, but I still wear them because I love the way they enhance my appearance.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 2:59 pm

I absolutely detest foundation. How can anyone have it on their face the entire day? The idea of having paint on my face just freaks me out. All of the other make up I am less fussy about, though I rarely go for a full face of make up.
Eyebrow pencil is a must for and it does not cause sensory issues for me. Mascara is a hit or miss depending on the day. I usually go for eyeliner instead of mascara. Never both, don't like it.

That's how far my make up routine goes.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2023, 2:19 pm

I don't own any make up and I have never worn make up (except to try it when I was in my early 20s, but only maybe a half dozen times ever). It's not because of sensory issues, I just don't like it and don't really understand it. It seems like an odd thing to me to draw or paint on my face in an attempt to make it look better. Of course it's not actually odd, since it's the norm in our society for women to wear make up.

But I think it also depends what cultural circles one exists in. Most of the women I know don't wear make up at all, including my sister and my late mother (though she sometimes wore lipstick when she was younger).