Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspieallien
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2022, 5:04 am

I am interested to know if anyone knows of a good non-denominational online autistic Church. Preferably in Australia.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 5:56 am

that's a bit niche innit.

Wouldnt mind setting one up in a physical location to be honest

Sciency_Owen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 May 2022, 9:27 am

I have not seen anything like that in Western Australia, though we do have a much smaller population here. If there is any sort of community of autistic people, I have found that these are often promoted on autism not-for-profits. So perhaps there are some autism social group websites in New South Wales that could have such a group?

jared11235
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm

I would suggest that you don't need an autistic church. Rather you need a faith that values things like love and compassion. These are qualities that Jesus displayed throughout his earthly life. At John 13:35, Jesus said that love would be an identifying attribute of his true disciples. Given that, it shouldn't matter if you are autistic or NT if the members of the congregation live according this scripture (any many others like it).

For what it's worth, I don't understand social interaction well but I have always felt welcomed and loved within the congregation that I attend. The members make a real effort to know the bible and live according to its principles. This includes being accepting of all who want to learn about our creator and live according to his standards for us.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 6:03 pm

Australian Friends (Quakers) have zoom meetings for worship. It’s not your standard type of church service. But Quakers are very welcoming to all people.

https://www.quakersaustralia.info/frien ... ng-worship