Anyone else deal with this type of situation in school?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 3:05 pm

I had a soulmate type of bond with my cousin when we were growing up. We were like twin sisters and best friends. I don't know if she's on the spectrum or not but she did have some odd traits and a few developmental delays.

But when we were about 13 she found herself another best friend (some new girl in her class), and she totally dropped me. She'd often spend time over at her house at weekends and even went on a vacation with her and her parents. I felt so lonely and envious. What made it worse was that this girl wasn't very nice to me. She'd deliberately be bitchy to me, and my cousin would just sit back and let her upset me. It's like she just came between us and took my cousin away from me before I could blink. And at the same time I was socially rejected from my female classmates who I wanted to be friends with.

In primary school it was so much easier to be included. Then as soon as puberty hit everyone became shallow and cliquey.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I had a soulmate type of bond with my cousin when we were growing up. We were like twin sisters and best friends. I don't know if she's on the spectrum or not but she did have some odd traits and a few developmental delays.

But when we were about 13 she found herself another best friend (some new girl in her class), and she totally dropped me. She'd often spend time over at her house at weekends and even went on a vacation with her and her parents. I felt so lonely and envious. What made it worse was that this girl wasn't very nice to me. She'd deliberately be bitchy to me, and my cousin would just sit back and let her upset me. It's like she just came between us and took my cousin away from me before I could blink. And at the same time I was socially rejected from my female classmates who I wanted to be friends with.

In primary school it was so much easier to be included. Then as soon as puberty hit everyone became shallow and cliquey.

I had a similar situation with a cousin who is 7 years younger than I am. She and I shared everything in common as well. The only difference is that she was raised in a very different environment than I was. Because of that, it affected the way she viewed the world. Therefore, we went off in different directions. After that, she just started ignoring me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 4:37 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I had a similar situation with a cousin who is 7 years younger than I am. She and I shared everything in common as well. The only difference is that she was raised in a very different environment than I was. Because of that, it affected the way she viewed the world. Therefore, we went off in different directions. After that, she just started ignoring me.

Me and my cousin thought in the same way and could even say the same thing at the same or finish off each other's sentences, like we were conjoined twins. I loved her so, so much. Then one day this bitchy girl came along and non-verbally told me to go away. My cousin wasn't very outspoken so she just timidly let her friend be nasty to me because she didn't know how to stop it.
Then my cousin got mixed up with a psychopathic bloke who isolated her for years so I had no choice but to move on and find my own friends.
She's back now, with a decent boyfriend and we do have each other back in our lives now but I got so used to life without her that we're not as close as we were as kids but we're close enough. I'm more closer with her mum (my aunt), who I was there for when my cousin was isolated with the psychopath and now she's there for me because of my mum not being alive any more.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:09 am

Ironically, I just received a text from a friend last night regarding a frenemy of ours who runs an adult autism group. Please set my rant on "The Haven." This time though, everyone is in their 30's. So, it's my understanding that the frenemy originally invited him to a party that he's having. That said, he evidently to not only have the nerve to take the invite away from him but he also took it away from some other friends of mine as well. According to my friends, he is so full of crap. :lol:

Excuses
1. His guest list was "Maxed out"
2. He was inviting new people to his party who weren't "Comfortable" with my friends attending because they don't know them.
3. He also went on to boast about not inviting another acquaintance of mine over the fact that he was always talking about women.

My friend is done with guy and the nasty things he does to people. For one thing, he's not trust worthy and lies all the time. He has also been known to turn people against each other.