Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 7:30 pm

(( This Star Wars fan made an R2D2 Vader Buster cosplay and it’s incredible ))

Article content quoted below:

Vader Buster by @hummin_h2

Marvel fans will be familiar with Tony Stark’s famous Hulk Buster armor. It’s the suit Iron Man built to combat the Hulk – as the name would suggest. However, what if you live in a galaxy far far away? And have an even more terrifying adversary like Darth Vader to contend with? Enter the Vader Buster!

What is the Vader Buster armor?

The Vader Buster is R2D2 styled armor built for the sole purpose of defeating the evil Sith Lord, Darth Vader.

The cosplay suit was built by @hummin_h2 (Instagram) and stands at around 6 foot 10 inches tall. Yikes! Thankfully, you don’t need to be that tall to wear the suit as there are 1 foot metal stilts contained within the suit itself to prop the wearer up.

The entire Star Wars based cosplay is made from EVA foam and took it’s creator about 3 months to make from start to finish.

We asked the suits creator about his inspiration behind making the suit and here is what he had to say:

Inspiration for the suit came from always wanting a Hulkbuster suit. I’m always doing the big oversized suits so this is one I always wanted. But I also always do cosplays that are not done or you hardly ever see.

I’ve seen Hulkbuster suits before so I wanted it to be different some how. I was searching Hulkbuster figures for reference and R2D2 popped up for some reason. Then just thought what if R2D2 was controlling a Hulkbuster? So pretty much that’s where the idea came from.

Thankfully R2D2 popped up in my search and since Hulk is not in Star Wars, VaderBuster was more fitting. I thought Sith Buster but Vader had a nicer sound to it. Then for color scheme I definitely wanted it to be R2.

@hummin_h2

The results are certainly impressive to say the least. You can find @hummin_h2 over on Instagram if you’d like to see more of his amazing cosplays.

If you found this interesting why not check out some of our other
(( Creator content here ))
? As always, thanks for reading.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 7:42 pm

(( Vadar Buster meets R2-D2 - click here to view short video clip ))

(( thingverse - click here to 3d print your own Vadar Buster ))