Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard verdict discussion

Page 12 of 15 [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
well at least you were able to tell you were being flirted with.

No that's only a guess. Although sometimes I've been able to figure out I was being flirted with, hit on or whatever sometime after the encounter occurred. At the time I'm only focused on trying to just pull off a small talk exchange and escape.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I've forgotten what that feels like

reminds me of a sour old quote about how when one gets old, one no longer has to avoid temptation; temptation ends up avoiding one.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:26 am

it only just now occurred to me that if i ever were flirted with, that i should play coy and say "ah, you say that to everybody that walks in" or words to that effect, to avoid hurt feelings.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:52 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Is it the level of misogyny that's growing, or the level of what's considered misogyny? I suspect the latter.

And what about the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men?

Not sure why you are conflating two different issues?

Yes what is considered mysogyny has changed over the years. A little over 100 years ago (barely a blink of the eye in history) An American man could beat up your wife till she was red black and blue (they could also rape and murder a female child if they were their property (slave) but that's another topic).

But not sure what that has to do with women disliking/being contemptuous or prejudiced against men?

The definition of misogyny is; the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

Apparently the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men, doesn't exist or is deemed irrelevant.

And although what gets called misogyny has become hypersensitive, it gets totally suspended if the woman is a "Karen".

A lot of what is considered misogyny was considered "just men being men" or comedy when in films such as "Animal House" and "Porky's".

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 6:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I've forgotten what that feels like

reminds me of a sour old quote about how when one gets old, one no longer has to avoid temptation; temptation ends up avoiding one.

Yes it's like saying I choose not to climb Mount Everest knowing you are already struggling to make it half way up the staircase.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 7:59 am

Women have made tremendous gains.

More than half of the judges in New York County are women.

More than half of the Assistant District Attorneys are women.

The governor of the State of New York is a woman.

My immediate supervisor is a woman, a black woman at that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 8:02 am

yet there are still 10s of millions of men who want to reverse all that. these troglodytes were supposed to have died off generations ago yet here their reproductions still are mucking up our politics and national life.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 10:29 am

TwisterUprocker wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
There are body language experts saying she was lying in court. Plus there are audio videos posted online recorded by Johnny and it sounds to me she was gaslighting him. Poor Johnny felt like he was going insane so he had to record their conversations.

And I found an article online by The Daily Mail about Amber and her two friends trashing their penthouse to make it look like Johnny did it.

This wouldn't be the first time nor the last that the news would report something so inaccurate. Don't forget the McDonalds lady who poured hot coffee on herself.

That was the one thing Heard won.

Heard did not win unless you are referring to the UK trial.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 10:31 am

League_Girl wrote:
TwisterUprocker wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
There are body language experts saying she was lying in court.  Plus there are audio videos posted online recorded by Johnny and it sounds to me she was gaslighting him.  Poor Johnny felt like he was going insane so he had to record their conversations.  And I found an article online by The Daily Mail about Amber and her two friends trashing their penthouse to make it look like Johnny did it.
That was the one thing Heard won.
Heard did not win unless you are referring to the UK trial.
People often conflate the two trials as if: (1) they were the same trial, or (2) the first trial had any legal bearing on the proceedings or outcome of the second trial, which it definitely did not.

Last edited by Fnord on 08 Jun 2022, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 10:33 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
There are body language experts saying she was lying in court. Plus there are audio videos posted online recorded by Johnny and it sounds to me she was gaslighting him. Poor Johnny felt like he was going insane so he had to record their conversations.

And I found an article online by The Daily Mail about Amber and her two friends trashing their penthouse to make it look like Johnny did it.

This wouldn't be the first time nor the last that the news would report something so inaccurate. Don't forget the McDonalds lady who poured hot coffee on herself.

It turns out the McDonald's coffee case was actually legit. The water temperature was set way above what's considered safe. The burns were far more severe than they should have been.

The media made it out to be she just spilled it on herself and decided to sue them for million dollars. The real story was her grandson (I think) was driving and they parked the car and the hot coffee was way above normal temperature and she burned herself and because she had on cotton pants, it absorbed it against her skin and she had 3rd degree burns. She was hospitalized for 3 days and got slapped with a $10,000 medical bill. She wanted McDonalds to pay it it but wouldn't. So her family took it to court. They left all these details out and they didn't show the burn photos.

And don't forget the diaper wearing astronaut. That also turned out to be a myth too that she wore them 900 miles. I remember this was all over the media too and I believed it until 2018.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 11:32 am

This reminds of me the time I saw a comment online by a feminist telling men to not come out as domestic abuse victims because this ruins the movement for women and I wanted to say "Oh shut up." I hate when issues get trivialized and want victims to be silenced because of their gender. I think there should be more awareness for men victims too. But every time men shelters open up, they get shut down quickly because of women groups. It's like they want to push the narrative that men can't be male victims of abuse.

There is a video out there called Men Don't Tell. You can find it on youtube. it only aired once on TV in 1993 but women groups had a thing again it and there was backlash and that film was never aired again. It as a CBS film. This film totally changed my mind on how I see male victims. I used to not take it seriously and thought men can't feel threatened by women, women can't hurt men because they are not strong enough.

I believe this is why this Depp vs Heard case has become political because it's about women rights and because Amber is a woman and she is young, she is seen as the victim.

I also realized something about this case. I was watching The Dr. Phil show and this only fans model in Florida stabbed her boyfriend to death. Her attorney team determined this was in self defense and case was closed. But there are witnesses and they came forward and said she was the aggressor and the boyfriend was the victim. Also guess the guy's skin color? That is why they closed it so quickly and took her word. If the victim had been white, this might have made it to court and she would have to prove she was the victim of domestic abuse and that she feared her life.
This Depp vs Heard case was based off of white privilege. Depp is white so he had to prove he was the victim. Amber didn't have proof other than hearsay. I am also curious what her proof is they supposedly weren't allowed to use in the testimony.

Men Don't Tell film struck controversy with women groups. This case did too.

Betty Lou Beets also tried to claim her husband abused her Don, Beats, so she killed him. But because there was insurance money involved, this was suspect and all her witnesses said he was not abusive and he was her prince charming. While she was able to prove her previous husband in the 70's was abusive so she ran him with her car, this man was not. She was also a black widow killer. Plus two of her kids testified against her and also I watched an interview that was done with her daughter and betty Lou was a narcissist and an abuser to her kids and she forced them top do those crimes with her. That was why they testified and charges were dropped on them.

So are there women that do lie about domestic abuse, of course. These women here hurt real victims and women trying to use their woman status to lie about abuse are the worst and a disgrace to other women out there and totally disrespect to the actual victims. But instead of getting mad at these women, it's easier to blame men for it and blame everyone else by calling everyone misogynists who believe the victim than the aggressor because of her gender.

I am so disappointed in the media. Was Depp a perfect victim? No. Because he had drinking and drug problems and has been known to trash hotel rooms in the past and possess in controlling and jealous behaviors. I don't think any of us expect victims to be perfect. Anyone can be a victim of abuse, even if you are a TERF, you can still be a victim of domestic abuse. That man who was stabbed to death wasn't perfect either because he was stealing money from her. Could this be why she stabbed him? Possible and then she claimed abuse.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 1:53 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I am so disappointed in the media.

The media goes where they think the public interest is. You have to fix human nature to fix the media.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 1:54 pm

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YHxlZ_ ... wanalytics

This has nothing to do with the right wing folks.

This polling may have been done to prove people supporting Depp were from the right wing but it instead showed opposite results. Most of these Deppers are women, in their 30's, are Biden supporters, lean on the left. But this polling was from Reddit. And as you know, most of their opinions came from the trial. And lot of them have not been a victim of domestic violence and the other half have. The people in r/deppdelusion were in for a surprise.

But taking a look at the results may be telling you something about who most of these supporters are.

Last edited by League_Girl on 08 Jun 2022, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 1:55 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I am so disappointed in the media.

The media goes where they think the public interest is. You have to fix human nature to fix the media.

There was the time when the media was portraying Muslims to be bombers and terrorists.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 2:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Women have made tremendous gains.

More than half of the judges in New York County are women.

More than half of the Assistant District Attorneys are women.

The governor of the State of New York is a woman.

My immediate supervisor is a woman, a black woman at that.

Your observations bring up an interesting point that I've been following since my son's school days. Education has been favoring women for a while now, which will, slowly, translates to women taking over the power positions in society. Change the power, you change the harassment and abuse equations. Women who have power can fire men who act inappropriately, which puts a relatively easy check on the behavior of the men. But who is checking the behavior of those women? They have to be careful; men can be hurt by harassment, just like women.

Even if men aren't always aware of exactly what is happening in this change that starts in school, they are feeling the effects, and it may be why misogyny is increasing. Fear of change has to go somewhere. The better answer is to fix the bias in education ... but I've seen strikingly little interest in doing so, at least not while men still hold most of the power in society overall.

Domestic abuse is much trickier for a variety of reasons; the power structure not always as clear, and not always as relevant. Nor can society effectively push its way into anyone's marriage.

But the education bias and all it leads to ... I'd like to see us fix it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 2:07 pm

Yes, there is a risk. You have to watch out.

But I would say most women would have wanted to be comforted in that way----whether by a man or a woman.

A couple of years ago, a college woman was quite stressed about exams (I work in a college library). I reached out, and she took my hand. She didn't report me afterwards!