Deadly shooting outside Iowa church, suspect dead

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 8:26 am

’Right now, we are brokenhearted' | 3 killed outside Ames church Thursday night

Quote:
A shooting outside of Cornerstone Church Thursday along Highway 30 just outside of Ames has left three people dead, including the shooter, according to the Story County Sheriff's Office.

There were people in the church when the shooting happened. Authorities confirmed those who were inside at the time of the shooting are safe.

The Story County Sheriff's Office will give an update on the shooting Friday morning at 10:30 from their office in Nevada.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 8:35 am

Nevada, believe it or not, is a city in Iowa.

Ames is a college town in Iowa. It's not some "hick town."

Otherwise: here we go again! This is getting beyond nuts now!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 7:47 pm

Iowa gunman kills ex-girlfriend, another woman, then himself in church parking lot, sheriff says

Quote:
Two college students were shot to death Thursday evening in a church parking lot in Ames, Iowa, police said, before the shooter fatally turned his gun on himself.

The shooting at the Cornerstone Church was the result of a "domestic situation" between the shooter, a 33-year-old man from the city of Boone, and one of the women, said Story County Sheriff Paul Fitzgerald at a news conference Friday.

Both women, ages 22 and 21, were students at nearby Iowa State University, he said.

A third woman escaped unharmed, he said, adding the shooter used a 9mm handgun.

The shooter had been arrested May 31 on charges of third-degree harassment and impersonating a public official, all related to his recent breakup with one of the victims, Fitgerald said. He posted bond, Fitzgerald said, and was scheduled to be back in court June 10.

The shooting happened during the first summer night of a youth Bible study program, Fitzgerald said. About 80 high school and college students were in the church auditorium.

The shooter made no apparent effort to go into the church, Fitzgerald said.

It was a "targeted act of violence," he said. The shooter approached the women as they walked toward the church, fired "several rounds" and the two were dead "in a matter of seconds."

The shooter appears to have acted alone, he said.

At the shooter's home, authorities found an AR-15 rifle with ammunition that "played no part in this event whatsoever," Fitzgerald said. In the shooter's vehicle, they found more 9mm ammunition he bought an hour before the shooting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 7:55 pm

Are they at two a day yet? Maybe that will make people care, but in the pool I'm betting it won't.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う