Sandmann’s lawyer joins Rittenhouse’s team

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 8:37 am

Sandmann lawyer joins Rittenhouse team, says Zuckerberg a 'top' target of numerous 'solid' lawsuits

Quote:
The lawyer who represented Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann during his defamation cases has joined Kyle Rittenhouse’s legal team, and says there will be "at least 10" defamation lawsuits against prominent figures and companies for comments against the teenager.

"I’ve been hired to head the effort to determine whom to sue, when to sue, where to sue," Todd McMurtry, who now represents Rittenhouse, told Fox News Digital in a phone interview Thursday morning. "We're going to look at everything that's been said, determine which of those comments are legally actionable and proceed from there."

McMurtry said it’s "​​pretty much assured that there's probably 10 to 15 solid" cases against "large defendants."

Though the legal process for potential defamation cases is just beginning, McMurtry singled out Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook for a "factually false" designation on the platform that listed the Kenosha shootings as a "mass murder" incident. The designation resulted in Rittenhouse’s social media accounts being pulled down and restricting positive comments about the teenager.

Meta, Facebook's parent company, ultimately reinstated Rittenhouse's social media accounts after his acquittal last year and lifted other restrictions.

McMurtry said he didn’t want to "necessarily tie the cases together," but pointed out similarities between Sandmann and Rittenhouse, as both were minors during the incidents and were "were falsely wrongfully condemned by the media and social media."

As for proving damages, McMurtry told Fox News Digital he knows "for a fact that [Rittenhouse] can prove that his job prospects are permanently diminished."

"Not to mention what they call perpetual reputational harm, which means that Kyle is never going to have an interaction with anybody where they don't know who he is. And this is going to follow him around for the rest of his life”.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 6:26 pm

Where to begin with the lack of ethics here that somebody who killed two people can stand to make multi-millions if dollars from their unconscionable and irresponsible actions. If Rittenhouse had even one shred of decency or empathy he would desist from torturing the family of the victims by looking for ways to make himself rich from their agony.

Only in America.