Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 7:11 am

Something I'm actually surprised I didn't bring up earlier, mainly because of how much I think his deeper cuts as far as beats remind me of the sort of sample collaging that was going on in Last Rights.

I think of this as sort of the trailer park white rap equivalent to Scrapyard. This whole album (Oblivion Access) is pretty dark and this is one of the crown jewels on that album, really hitting themes like deep depression and a sense of existential erasure. Super relatable because I've been to these places, places where you feel like the best in you is rotting / decomposing / haunting you, and it's amazing that someone was able to put these sensations to audio this well (in that sense it also has some flavors reminiscent of Caretaker's 'Everywhere at the End of Time').

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 9:23 pm

Anyone whose interested in a sort of Rabies-flavored industrial cut (more guitar but similar energy), Once Human's cover of We Ride by Strapping Young Lad. Also just found out about them and Lauren Hart today, f'ing legends in the making.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 5:15 pm

I got to see Skinny Puppy last night on... apparently... their final pre-retirement tour at House of Blues in Cleveland.

Took a bunch of recordings, shared some to Facebook, would love to share from there without needing to post to Youtube though (don't know if it'll get an immediate guidelines strike or not).

Great way for them to close out their voyage (40+ years going) and there was a lot of gratitude in the crowd.