Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TheOutsider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2022, 2:08 pm

Do you think it is easier to maintain relationships with NTs than it is with autistic people? I ask because I'm autistic (late diagnosed) and although I've had trouble making friends my entire life, when I have managed to make friends with NTs, they've been long lasting and consistent. My relationships with autistic people have been quite difficult. From my point of view, autistic friends have been fickle and somewhat hot/cold and short lived. Since I've only known that I'm autistic for about a year, I'm wondering... is this typical?

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2022, 8:31 pm

Here's a video of us being both autistic and us doing our things that we enjoy doing.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 8:36 pm

After my DX, I realized that one good friend was also Aspie, but we moved apart geographically. Since the DX, I have made very few new friends, and they seem to be NT but eccentric. I have always looked for more artistic, bohemian neighbourhoods, the easier to blend in.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2022, 12:50 am

It helps if at least one of us does the hard work of contacting the other or setting up social events.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 6:37 am

I doubt there is a "typical" here, it is always between individuals. That will depend on lots of different things, circumstance, shared interests, location, too many variables to specify or quantify.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson