Frustration Grows in Uvalde TX Over Shooting Response

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 4:43 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/04/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-saturday/index.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 10:30 pm

Uvalde Mom Who Saved Kids From School Shooting Says Police Threatened Her

Quote:
A mother who ran into Robb Elementary School to rescue her two children during a mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, last week says police threatened to violate her probation for speaking about the incident to reporters.

Angeli Gomez told CBS News on Thursday that she was forced to rush into the school after watching police fail to quickly respond to the deadly shooting.

After speaking critically about the incident to media outlets, Gomez said an officer threatened to charge her for violating probation on an unrelated charge for "obstruction of justice." However, she added that she spoke to a local judge who assured her that she was "brave" and that she would not face legal repercussions for sharing her story.

Her account comes amid a flurry of similar reports from parents and relatives who said they were on-site during the devastating massacre and watched as police failed to intervene.

Gomez told the news organization that she arrived at the school while the shooting was still taking place and found that several armed officers were standing by outside. She said she begged and screamed for officers to go into the building to save her children, but the police seemed more concerned with containing parents than entering the school. One U.S. Marshal allegedly handcuffed Gomez, and told her that she would be arrested for being "uncooperative" at the scene.

"He said, 'Well, we're going to have to arrest you because you're being very uncooperative,'" she told the news outlet. "I said, well you're going to have to arrest me because I'm going in there. Y'all are standing with snipers and y'all are far away. If y'all don't go in there, I'm going in there."

Gomez said she was eventually un-cuffed and able to circumvent the police by climbing a fence and running inside the school. She quickly grabbed her two sons from their classrooms, and said that gunshots could be heard ringing throughout the building.

"You could hear the gunshots," she told the news outlet. "There was not one officer inside the school while I ran to my second son's class. There was not one officer," she added. "They could have saved many more lives. They could have gone into that classroom...they could have done something."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 1:36 am

Oh not just threatened. They were filmed throwing down parents and cuffing them (literally assaulting parents of victims instead of saving their kids). Lawsuits are inevitable.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 2:09 am

Is it too late to bring up defunding the police, again?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 6:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Is it too late to bring up defunding the police, again?

More like have proper selection procedures when recruiting.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 3:32 am

This Uvalde mother was arrested for trying to save her kids from an active shooter at Robb Elementary School.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/mother-wh ... ts-inside/