The Plot Against King Donald Children's Book - - Seriously!

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 12:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
. . . It's well known that the US public education system has been systematically hindered from educating the population and the average literacy rate of American adults is of an 8th grade level. Chances are there are enough people that will blame Biden for all their woes even though those same economic realities apply worldwide.
The people who vote to hinder what teachers are allowed to teach are the same people who blame Biden for their children's failure to learn.

I doubt Biden is being blamed for that, unless it's something that developed a year or so ago. I believe the blame is probably being placed with the oligarchy which they say want people to be as limited as possible. Just smart enough to do whatever vocational task that's required of them. George Carlin summed up that theory quite well.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 12:55 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
. . . It's well known that the US public education system has been systematically hindered from educating the population and the average literacy rate of American adults is of an 8th grade level. Chances are there are enough people that will blame Biden for all their woes even though those same economic realities apply worldwide.
The people who vote to hinder what teachers are allowed to teach are the same people who blame Biden for their children's failure to learn.
I doubt Biden is being blamed for that, unless it's something that developed a year or so ago. I believe the blame is probably being placed with the oligarchy which they say want people to be as limited as possible. Just smart enough to do whatever vocational task that's required of them. George Carlin summed up that theory quite well.
I figured that out back in high school (1970-1975), when I realized that the only kids being offered Advanced Placement and College Prep courses were the same kids whose parents could afford college tuition out-of-pocket.

The rest of us were being told that community colleges, vo-tech schools, union jobs, and the military were our best options.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 9:40 pm

magz wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Save some of that for when he gets voted in as president again to lower inflation and especially gas prices.
Which he won't be able to do - both problems are worldwide - but he'll be telling everyone that he's having a great success, regardless of what actually happens.
Just like he did with covid.

We know that. But not all US voters seem to.

Sigh.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 9:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I figured that out back in high school (1970-1975), when I realized that the only kids being offered Advanced Placement and College Prep courses were the same kids whose parents could afford college tuition out-of-pocket.

The rest of us were being told that community colleges, vo-tech schools, union jobs, and the military were our best options.

That's really the fight, isn't it? The powerful don't WANT true equality, or a population educated enough to realize they aren't being offered it. Politics creates messages that are nothing more than bait and switch, keep the eyes off the prize, get everyone fighting over the crumbs without seeing who has the cookie. Trying to teach children to actually think gets puts down as indoctrinating our children, and so on.