The Plot Against King Donald Children's Book - - Seriously!

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 12:45 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
. . . Average price in California is $6.21. LA has $8.05. Where I live in Canada, we're up around $8.90 cdn/US gallon, more for premium... but that's Canadian dollars in Canada.
That is $7.08 in U.S. dollars, as of today's exchange rate.  If this was all Biden's fault, then America would have the highest gas prices in the entire world (Hint: It doesn't).
goldfish21 wrote:
Gas prices are up all around the world.  It has nothing to do with Biden administration policies.  It's a bunch of price gouging by Big Oil using unrest around the world as an excuse.  Plus, I've read that futures trading on Wall Street is more responsible for high prices than actual supply & demand -- a bunch of people with deep pockets bid the price up and won't let it fall... so now the price is the price as it's attached to those futures contracts vs. actual supply and demand of gasoline itself.
All the above quoted and emphasised for truth.  Thanks for posting this!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 1:41 pm

^Probably accurate on the exchange rate, buuuut, we don’t get paid US dollars sooo gas is way more expensive for us in terms of number of dollars to pay for it. It’s getting close to $130 to fill my small car now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 1:46 pm

I pay a little over half that much (~$80 US) to fill the tank of my 10-year old Honda Civic from a virtually empty tank.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 1:50 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Doesn't sound any worse than Uncle Joe Biden's Scratch-N-Sniff Pop-up book.

The only difference is, the Trump book is ridiculously REAL, while your Biden book is not.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 1:58 pm

I can't tell what news is fake and what's real anymore. It's all become like some kind of fever dream.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 2:00 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I can't tell what news is fake and what's real anymore. It's all become like some kind of fever dream.
If the story originates on Twitter or YouTube, then it is likely false.  If all the mainstream news outlets relate the same facts, then the story is likely true (even if CNN and FOX put their own spins on the same facts).

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 3:36 pm

magz wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Save some of that for when he gets voted in as president again to lower inflation and especially gas prices.
Which he won't be able to do - both problems are worldwide - but he'll be telling everyone that he's having a great success, regardless of what actually happens.
Just like he did with covid.

Biden will get blamed for this just like Trump got blamed for covid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 4:32 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
magz wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Save some of that for when he gets voted in as president again to lower inflation and especially gas prices.
Which he won't be able to do - both problems are worldwide - but he'll be telling everyone that he's having a great success, regardless of what actually happens.  Just like he did with covid.
Trump got blamed for his inaction on covid, and the subsequently higher impact of covid in America.

Biden is already getting blamed for:

• Higher gas prices.
• Lack of baby food
• The election being "stolen" from Trump
• My Pillow Guy's courtroom defeats
• Mass shootings
• Vehicle recalls
• The proliferation of Fentanyl deaths
• Alex Jones' courtroom defeats
• Athletes' foot, toenail fungus, and the heartbreak of psoriasis

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 4:35 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Gas prices are up all around the world. It has nothing to do with Biden administration policies..

It's funny how the previous administration tried to take credit for the outgoing Obama economic policies and likewise the same clowns were trying to blame Biden for oil prices before he set foot in the Whitehouse in 2021.

Here in Melbourne we were paying 99c per litre in 2019 and we now pay just over $2 a litre. Correspondingly the cost of living has proportionally doubled.

Not sure who is peddling domestic politics as a factor? the real reason is supply cuts to oil due to three reasons
1. Sanctions on Russia
2. Demand component on oil prices
3. US oil production slow to respond
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investin ... il-prices/

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 5:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
If the story originates on Twitter or YouTube, then it is likely false. 

In the middle of that, people should note that the legitimate networks and a number of legit local TV news outlets, as well as a few news magazines, do post some stories on YouTube.

That "Not all YouTube is equal" is one of those things which cuts both ways; not all YT content is equally good & not all YT content is equally dodgy.

(although dodgy seems to have a lead in the race)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 11:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
magz wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Which he won't be able to do - both problems are worldwide - but he'll be telling everyone that he's having a great success, regardless of what actually happens.  Just like he did with covid.
Trump got blamed for his inaction on covid, and the subsequently higher impact of covid in America.

• Higher gas prices.
• Lack of baby food
• Mass shootings
• Vehicle recalls

I'm sure it's comforting to think the only people who blame Biden for inflation, shortages and high gas prices are the far-right MAGA cult. But I seriously doubt such sentiments are restricted to them alone. I'm sure there are far more moderates who could go either way in the 22 and 24 elections, than there are those who are either hard-right or hard-left.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 11:19 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
magz wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

• Higher gas prices.
• Lack of baby food
• Mass shootings
• Vehicle recalls

I'm sure it's comforting to think the only people who blame Biden for inflation, shortages and high gas prices are the far-right MAGA cult. But I seriously doubt such sentiments are restricted to them alone. I'm sure there are far more moderates who could go either way in the 22 and 24 elections, than there are those who are either hard-right or hard-left.

Probably. It's well known that the US public education system has been systematically hindered from educating the population and the average literacy rate of American adults is of an 8th grade level. Chances are there are enough people that will blame Biden for all their woes even though those same economic realities apply worldwide.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 11:38 am

goldfish21 wrote:
. . . It's well known that the US public education system has been systematically hindered from educating the population and the average literacy rate of American adults is of an 8th grade level. Chances are there are enough people that will blame Biden for all their woes even though those same economic realities apply worldwide.
The people who vote to hinder what teachers are allowed to teach are the same people who blame Biden for their children's failure to learn.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 11:53 am

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
. . . It's well known that the US public education system has been systematically hindered from educating the population and the average literacy rate of American adults is of an 8th grade level. Chances are there are enough people that will blame Biden for all their woes even though those same economic realities apply worldwide.
The people who vote to hinder what teachers are allowed to teach are the same people who blame Biden for their children's failure to learn.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 12:24 pm

Of course, they're totally banning children's books where a character comes out as gay, and where a friend tells them it's okay for them to say "gay". If the US had its way everything would be like it was in the 1950s when women were all supposed to be housewives and they had "colored people" banned from public buildings. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 12:36 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
. . . If the US had its way . . .
CORRECTION: If the conservative Christian Nationalists, MAGA-hat wearers, Trumpsters, and QAnon types had their way . . .
lostonearth35 wrote:
. . . everything would be like it was in the 1950s when women were all supposed to be housewives and they had "colored people" banned from public buildings.