Tired of Covid reminders

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 5:50 pm

For the last two months I haven't watched any news about Covid, Ukraine or anything else really and its probably done me good to do so but even when I've scrolled through social media I still get the odd reminder from some medical or pharmaceutical news article about people getting their vaccines, getting a test etc and looked in curiousty at the comments and many were from idiots and other negative people spouting lies and stuff about Covid. It ended up making me feel like that's what I'm going to keep seeing for the rest of time until Covid is possibly eradicated like Smallpox.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 6:44 pm

chris1989 wrote:
and looked in curiousty at the comments and many were from idiots and other negative people spouting lies and stuff about Covid. It ended up making me feel like that's what I'm going to keep seeing for the rest of time until Covid is possibly eradicated like Smallpox.

Sad as it is, that's probably a feeling which is well grounded in the truth of human behavior.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 8:05 pm

I would love to not be reminded of COVID anymore, but my crippled body won't let me... :cry:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 9:43 pm

The train keeps reminding passengers to wear masks, but plenty of passengers don't wear masks or wear it under their snout

There is no point in requiring masks if they won't wear them correctly

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 12:12 pm

Covid is not going away, it will never go away, it's here forever like influenza and AIDS. Of course, AIDS is more deadly but harder to catch, but I still remember how scary it was when I was a preteen.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 12:46 pm

Omicron isn't really a bother for most humans, and that along with its offspring are basically all what's going around now, so I wouldn't worry about it unless you so happen to be immunosuppressed or very elderly, and an Omicron spike antigen vaccine will almost certainly be out soon (the old Wuhan spike antigen vaccines will be helping them a bit). Omicron's offspring will likely be the the dominant mutants for the foreseeable future, and severity should slowly drop over time, albeit it'll never be as mild as the common cold human coronaviruses. Maybe when you get it and recover your anxiety will go away. :? You have nothing to fear at your age, OP, nor do you for a very long time.

It's not going away, as lostonearth35 says.

I was kinda worried about my mother (maybe an understatement), who's quite ill with other conditions and in her early 60s, but she's...totally fine with Omicron right now. She couldn't be vaccinated due to her conditions either. If she's fine, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, OP.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 5:17 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Of course, AIDS is more deadly...

Actually, we don't know that yet...
They're already saying things like people who survive COVID, even asymptomatic people who don't contract Long COVID, are 50% more likely to get things like heart disease.
We have no idea what kind of ramifications this virus holds for our future. Viruses like chickenpox infect young people, and then decades later, reactivate and cause shingles.
Things like HPV can cause cancer later on down the line.