Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LuCarlio
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2022, 2:49 am

Hello. My name is Carl. I like video games, some anime and recently took an interest in photography. I have been diagnosed with autism in february and was recommended a few sites to try including this one.

I have held off checking them out but i have looked today and this is the first one i chose to write in. I read a few post and peoples responses are nice and welcoming so thats probably why.

I will admit i have been sceptical/in denial about the diagnosis but the more I've learnt (which is not much) the more that seems to make sense.

Anyway, Hello and uh yeah what steps should i take next? Im not even sure thats the right question. :roll:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 3:31 am

Learn more about yourself is the next step I guess.

How long did you have to wait before you were assessed?

LuCarlio
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2022, 3:39 am

Events happened that lead to the referral but it took a year from referral to be assessed.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 3:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 3:19 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope it continues to look good to you.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 3:26 pm

LuCarlio wrote:
Events happened that lead to the referral but it took a year from referral to be assessed.

Very quick. I have not been assessed yet.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2022, 5:50 pm

welcome, glad you are with us! Diagnosis as an adult gives us a different perspective to understand our history, our thoughts and beliefs and to see everything that we thought we knew and understood from a different point of view. It was such a relief to understand how autism had worked all my life in the background without anybody suspecting, let alone understanding. Autism explained almost every "why" question of my past. Give yourself time to really take a close look at the past and cut yourself some slack, do good self care while you sort the past and gain self understanding. I am still having "aha" moments of understanding how autism has worked in me all these years without ever knowing. Lots of good folks here with lots of experience living with autism and good insights and ideas. stick around. I think you will enjoy it!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 7:47 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. We are just a bunch of people who are searching for answers like yourself. We want to understand why we are different.