Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
You are all missing the point. The man was probably mentally ill, He was not in full control of his faculties. I suspect all those cops knew. The fact they chose not to dive in to save him says more about their bias because he was homeless and therefore worthless (in their eyes) rather than some type of measured evaluation about the safety of the situation.

Please stop defending these people. They didn't even try.

If you had been there, what would you have done?

I'd have demanded the cops do their damn job!

What if you were there but the cops weren't? What would you have done?

Well, as I can't swim, but my wife can, I'd ask her to do something! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What would you expect your wife to do?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
it's funny but just type "police" in google and the first thing that pops up is "put on administrative leave"

That's based on your search history. Try it on DuckDuckGo.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 11 Jun 2022, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:26 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Do you have children or a wife? how would you feel if the cops stood around watching as your loved ones drowned?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Do you have children or a wife? how would you feel if the cops stood around watching as your loved ones drowned?

I'm asking him what he thinks his wife should do since he put her in the position of being the only swimmer around while Sean Bickings is drowning.

And I'm asking you the same question, what would you have done if you were the only person around while Sean Bickings was drowning. Please answer truthfully and don't deflect.

Also I'm still waiting for you to cite an expert in water rescue saying the police were negligent.

As to your question, I wouldn't expect anyone who's not trained and/or equipped to save someone from drowning, to have jumped in a lake to try saving my drowning loved one. I would not blame them and I would tell them it wasn't their fault.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:52 am

Glitch - - I was being facetious.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:53 am

I would try to throw or push them something they could grab onto.A drowning person will frantically cling onto anyone trying to help and possibly pull their rescuer under.Then two people drown.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:55 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I'm asking him what he thinks his wife should do since he put her in the position of being the only swimmer around while Sean Bickings is drowning.

And I'm asking you the same question, what would you have done if you were the only person around while Sean Bickings was drowning. Please answer truthfully and don't deflect.

Also I'm still waiting for you to cite an expert in water rescue saying the police were negligent.

As to your question, I wouldn't expect anyone who's not trained and/or equipped to save someone from drowning, to have jumped in a lake to try saving my drowning loved one. I would not blame them and I would tell them it wasn't their fault.

Here's to hoping that you're never in that situation. It's easy to say that you wouldn't fault law enforcement/rescue because they didn't save your loved ones, but the reality of a situation will probably color one's reaction far differently.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:56 am

Misslizard wrote:
I would try to throw or push them something they could grab onto.A drowning person will frantically cling onto anyone trying to help and possibly pull their rescuer under.Then two people drown.

Watch the bodycam video. the cops weren't exactly in a hurry to look around for something to throw in...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Here's to hoping that you're never in that situation. It's easy to say that you wouldn't fault law enforcement/rescue because they didn't save your loved ones, but the reality of a situation will probably color one's reaction far differently.

IKR

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 12:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You were deflecting.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 1:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

There's no such thing as "law enforcement/recue" unless that law enforcement person has been trained in rescue and is equipped to do so.

Being a police officer doesn't give you the ability to do something you are not trained or equipped to do.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 1:20 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

There's no such thing as "law enforcement/recue" unless that law enforcement person has been trained in rescue and is equipped to do so.

Being a police officer doesn't give you the ability to do something you are not trained or equipped to do.

I still expect them to do something. And plenty of police officers would, at the risk of their own lives. That's the point of putting on that uniform.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 1:20 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You were deflecting.

Not at all.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 1:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I still expect them to do something. And plenty of police officers would, at the risk of their own lives. That's the point of putting on that uniform.

Yeah what happened to all the heroism and praise heaped on the cops from 9-11 and the Jan 6 riots?
Apparently they walk around with law books when somebody's life is in peril and pull out page 5 Line 6 - My fat ass doesn't have to lift a finger to help :roll:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 3:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I still expect them to do something. And plenty of police officers would, at the risk of their own lives.

According to everyone except you protestors, they did do what they were supposed to do. Their biggest crime so to speak was getting caught flatfooted because they didn't expect someone to go out for a swim in a lake and drown themselves. I'm sure if they had foreseen that ahead of time they would have called the rescue boat sooner.

Kraichgauer wrote:
That's the point of putting on that uniform.

The point of putting on that uniform isn't to do something stupid. Jumping into deep water to try saving a drowning main with no training or equipment, is very stupid. And everyone except you protestors agree with me on that. Especially those who have training in saving people from drowning.

I'll keep in mind regarding something like this, that you and cyberdad aren't interested in facts, common sense or expert opinions, you're just interested in protesting.