Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:56 pm

i hated my son when i was born.i couldnt stand the crying and he cried an awful lot...iwas alone a single mother with autism and the pregnancy wasnt planned

but the bond eventually developed and i love him unconditionally ever since.he is now 17

i dont really like babies tbh

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 11:03 am

I didn't hate my baby when she was born. I just didn't k ow what I was supposed to do with her then I thought I had to be some kind of super mother, wonder woman.

I probably had post natal depression that went unnoticed and that changed to psychosis which also went unnoticed and I couldn't look after my baby. And I lost a lot of time due to undiagnosed dissociative identity disorder (now diagnosed). We're good now though. There's literally years of my daughters childhood that I cannot remember. Even though I was there quite a lot of the time it's just like a hazy dream.

I didn't breast feed either.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 10:44 pm

Caz72 wrote:
i dont really like babies tbh

I'm with you. I love reasoning with my children --- the baby stage was brutal.

My Autistic mother and myself both did med-free labors ---people think we were brave, but it's actually b/c it seemed like the safest option given we are sensitive to medications (and have had previous poor outcomes related to meds).

My 2nd child was a strong breastfeeder and his latch was VERY VERY painful Every Time (for years). It was mastitis-like painful (glass shards) although I didn't have it. Life has been so very painful for me (pre-DX) so I was used to pushing myself past "reasonable" boundaries. Now I know to advocate more, but I didn't know then.

My husband was necessarily an involved parent - otherwise I couldn't have worked and cared for a child while remaining healthy.