Why are men threatened by a high body count compared to..?

Page 14 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 7:06 pm

I've always fantasized about marrying my "high school sweetheart." I feel these are the best marriages. If I fell in love with someone, and she wanted to wait for marriage, I would have waited for marriage.

I was really into the Tom Sawyer/Becky thing when I was a kid.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 7:08 pm

I don't think she waited for marriage :P , but yup ... I agree it sounds idyllic.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 7:16 pm

Quote:
Why Are Men Threatened By A High Body Count Compared To Women?

Because in our society it is understood that the man is always on the hook for everything regardless of what the woman does.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 1:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've always fantasized about marrying my "high school sweetheart." I feel these are the best marriages. If I fell in love with someone, and she wanted to wait for marriage, I would have waited for marriage.

Oh, memories…

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 3:18 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't know a lot of young women other than my daughter's friends but they don't "accept and tolerate" this from young men or from other young women. They don't let anyone "apply" this language to them because they don't discuss stuff like that (maybe in the context of relationships, but idk).

I am not necessarily saying your daughter/friends are concealing their secret use of this type of language from you. But when young people talk to each other they switch "lingo" and I think if you hear your daughter speak to her peers when she thinks you are not around (like at school) you might find she drops a few bombs and probably tolerates her "cool" peers language.

Kids want to be in everybody's good books.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 3:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I had some strong feelings for different girls in school but never acted on them and the girls probably didn't even knew I existed.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:20 am

In some cases you just assume the other person has more "experience". When I was 22, a 28-year-old with schizophrenia picked me up at a meeting we both attended. She basically wanted someone to keep her company at night, being new in town. She was on the Pill despite not being in a relationship. Given the circumstances, I have always assumed she had a high "body count" although it never occurred to me to ask for details. She was a lovely person by the way, however the timing was entirely wrong for a long-term relationship to develop.

Given that she wanted me, I didn't care who else she'd been with. I can see how it might seem different if the person comes across as controlling or possibly deceitful.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:23 am

^I had similar sorts of situations….

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 8:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't know a lot of young women other than my daughter's friends but they don't "accept and tolerate" this from young men or from other young women. They don't let anyone "apply" this language to them because they don't discuss stuff like that (maybe in the context of relationships, but idk).

I am not necessarily saying your daughter/friends are concealing their secret use of this type of language from you. But when young people talk to each other they switch "lingo" and I think if you hear your daughter speak to her peers when she thinks you are not around (like at school) you might find she drops a few bombs and probably tolerates her "cool" peers language.

My daughter is 25.
I'll ask her to respond to this when she gets home.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 4:46 pm

My current gf would have preferred if I had fewer exes.
She would have preferred tho if I was married before with a child because she thinks I “deserve” to have a child by now.

The partner before her loved to make me talk about intimate details with my exes; it was like a turn on for her, but never told me about hers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 5:02 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

My daughter is 25.

My 16 yr old daughter uses different language with her friends over the phone (in her room) comapred to when she speaks with her parents. When I ask her she get's embarrassed. She has an assortment of swear words/slurs.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

My daughter is 25.

My 16 yr old daughter uses different language with her friends over the phone (in her room) comapred to when she speaks with her parents. When I ask her she get's embarrassed. She has an assortment of swear words/slurs.

So, Yiddish, I presume...? :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:25 pm

She's not home yet.
This is what she said when I showed her the last couple of comments. ^

That's not meant to be critical of anyone on the thread. ^
It's about the topic in general.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 5:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

My daughter is 25.

25 years old. That puts her on the cusp between being a Millennial or Gen Z. Gen Zedders seem much more squeamish about sex than Millennials, for some reason. I guess because so much of their social lives has been conducted virtually.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 6:30 am

@ironpony so here's a thought for you. If there are a lot of " high body count" women around, doesn't that mean more sexual opportunities for horny guys? Especially if they'd rather "sleep around" than be monogamous.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 1:18 pm

MaxE wrote:
@ironpony so here's a thought for you. If there are a lot of " high body count" women around, doesn't that mean more sexual opportunities for horny guys? Especially if they'd rather "sleep around" than be monogamous.

Yes it does mean more sexual opportunities for sure. it's just when it comes to dating and relationships, guy seem to be threatened by a woman having a number more in the high zone it seems, compared to the other way around.