Why are men threatened by a high body count compared to..?

Page 15 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 3:39 am

ironpony wrote:
MaxE wrote:
@ironpony so here's a thought for you. If there are a lot of " high body count" women around, doesn't that mean more sexual opportunities for horny guys? Especially if they'd rather "sleep around" than be monogamous.

Yes it does mean more sexual opportunities for sure. it's just when it comes to dating and relationships, guy seem to be threatened by a woman having a number more in the high zone it seems, compared to the other way around.

woman A = high body count
woman B = been around a few times
woman C= waiting for marriage

Man X would consider
Woman A - best for a one night stand
Woman B - best as a friend with benefits
Woman C- best for marriage

But these days Man X would struggle to find Woman C so he settles for Woman B as marriage material

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 6:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
MaxE wrote:
@ironpony so here's a thought for you. If there are a lot of " high body count" women around, doesn't that mean more sexual opportunities for horny guys? Especially if they'd rather "sleep around" than be monogamous.

Yes it does mean more sexual opportunities for sure. it's just when it comes to dating and relationships, guy seem to be threatened by a woman having a number more in the high zone it seems, compared to the other way around.

Man X would consider

But these days Man X would struggle to find Woman C so he settles for Woman B as marriage material

I think most men looking for a serious relationship would prefer B. C might be viewed with suspicion by most men who don't share such "values", although there is a range of what such a woman might be OK with outside of marriage short of PIV lovemaking. I think more men than you might expect would be OK with A if they believed she was equally serious.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 10:07 am

ironpony wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Why do you keep using the word threatened? Don't you mean intimidated? Threatened has a whole different and sinister connotation.

What is your evidence that women feel less intimidated by men who have had several partners than vice versa? I am sure most inexperienced women would be intimated by a player who surely only wants a roll in the hay.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 10:29 am

Even when I had "one-night stands," I wanted more than just "one night." It's the women who only truly wanted a one-night stand" in my situations.

I remember feeling quite deflated when a woman actually told me "this is the only time we will have sex."

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 1:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Even when I had "one-night stands," I wanted more than just "one night." It's the women who only truly wanted a one-night stand" in my situations.

I remember feeling quite deflated when a woman actually told me "this is the only time we will have sex."

I prefer FWB as opposed to one night stands but it seems in my experience a lot of women prefer one night stands.

A female friend of mine told me that more women probably prefer that to FWB is that they are more afraid of catching feelings compared to more guys more do, if she is correct on that...

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 1:25 pm

rse92 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Why do you keep using the word threatened? Don't you mean intimidated? Threatened has a whole different and sinister connotation.

What is your evidence that women feel less intimidated by men who have had several partners than vice versa? I am sure most inexperienced women would be intimated by a player who surely only wants a roll in the hay.

True, I should say intimidated. I'll use that word from now on.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 8:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Man X would consider

I wouldn't be interested in Woman C as I'd assume that we had EXTREMELY incompatible value-systems....

Round here, for my generation and younger, it's considered completely normal for a woman to get through at least a few boyfriends, sex most definitely included, before she settles down. And the men are used to that by now - it's considered a bit weird and hypocritical to demand that a woman must have no prior sexual experience. Now, most British men would be leery of starting a long-term relationship with a woman who picks up a different bloke every night of the week. So there is that. Does it cut the other way? Are women just using all those nightclub Casanovas for one-night stands, or genuinely falling for them. I don't know.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:35 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Now, most British men would be leery of starting a long-term relationship with a woman who picks up a different bloke every night of the week. .

This is probably common sense. It was true in the old days and would be true now.

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Does it cut the other way? Are women just using all those nightclub Casanovas for one-night stands, or genuinely falling for them. I don't know.

Probably both.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:38 pm

ironpony wrote:

I prefer FWB as opposed to one night stands but it seems in my experience a lot of women prefer one night stands.

A female friend of mine told me that more women probably prefer that to FWB is that they are more afraid of catching feelings compared to more guys more do, if she is correct on that...

Yes I saw the rise of FWBs in the late 1990s and early 2000s before I got married. It represents a cultural shift in the way younger single male-female relationships are maintained. Social media and dating apps have only reinforced what is now called the hookup culture.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 12:08 am

Oh yeah. Is hook up culture different than FWBs?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 12:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Man X would consider

Why not all the three?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 5:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Why not all the three?

Not all of us have access to a harem :lol: