Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

H_Taterz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2022, 10:05 am

I saw there was another post about favorite video games and quite a few people liked Zelda games.
What other games do my fellow Zelda fanatics like? (while I impatiently wait for BOTW 2 release)

My favorite game of all time is BOTW.

I grew up on Zelda.
I still enjoy the original 8-bit Zelda. I also like: Wind Waker | Twilight Princess | Ocarina of Time | Link Between Worlds

Other games I enjoy: Chrono Cross | Chrono Trigger | Final Fantasy II and VII | Detroit Become Human | Overcooked Series | Horizon Zero Dawn | Animal Crossing
Alien Isolation --- when I can actually play it without screaming and falling out of chairs.
And the odd one out: I really enjoy Fortnite when I play with other people I like.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 1:07 pm

Minish Cap & Phantom Hourglass are my favorites.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

H_Taterz

08 Jun 2022, 4:42 pm

I've heard of both, but I think they're DS games, right?
What are your fav non-Zelda games?

Aspiegaming wrote:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 8:42 pm

H_Taterz wrote:
What are your fav non-Zelda games?

Aspiegaming wrote:

Minish Cap is a GBA game. I rate Zelda games highly based on how far I can get through them without beating them. I've never beaten a Zelda game in my life, but I still enjoy the adventures.

It's hard for me to pin down my favorite games because there are a lot of them, but I can go by history.

Sonic 2 - It was my first video game ever.
South Park 64 - Introduced me to First Person Shooters.
Half-Life series - brought me to PC gaming full time.
Commander Keen Episode 1 - My First PC game ever.
Dusk - Best indie FPS I've ever played.
Portal Series - Introduced me to First Person Puzzles.
The Talos Principle - Favorite FPP of all time.
Serious Sam Xbox - My introduction to that game's series
Serious Sam 2 - My guilty pleasure.
Borderlands 2 - Introduced me to Video Gaming's greatest villain.
Sam & Max Save the World - My introduction to Point n Clicks.
Grim Fandango - Best PnC I've ever played.
Doom 2016 or Doom 4- Revived Old School FPS in a world dominated by Call of Duty (I hate that series).
Doom 3 - Unlike all other entries, you felt the doom in this one.
Turok 2 - Introduced me to FPS games' greatest and goriest weapon of all time.
Mega Man 8 - My introduction to the franchise.
Mega Man Star Force Trilogy - My favorite games on DS.
West of Loathing & South Park The Stick of Truth - The only RPG titles I really enjoyed.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Best Beat 'Em Up I've ever Played.
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time - My first experience with Beat 'Em Ups.

Not everything is in that specific order.
That's all I got at the top of my head.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 8:45 pm

I like the Fable games alot (they're like mature LoZ and I love it... lol), Harvest Moon games, Summer in Mara (VERY Wind Waker-esque), Animal Crossing, and Smash Bros.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 8:35 pm

I don't know, I like tons of other games. My top non-Zelda games are probably Super Mario Bros. 3 and Thief 2.
I play a little bit of everything, but mostly older games...and I have a huge backlog >_<

After beating BotW and the DLCs, I had to go back and re/play through every single Zelda game in the main series. I just finished Skyward Sword (Hero Mode), and both Oracle games without dying not too long ago, and I'm still deciding if I want to replay BotW again or continue working through the spinoff games (I have a bunch of those left, currently working on Tri Force Heroes).

H_Taterz wrote:

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are DS games. They're really good, especially if you like Wind Waker (these are direct sequels to that game), but the grapics are a little iffy, and the forced touch screen controls are annoying (I have to play them using cheats/hacks that let you play with the d-pad + buttons).

H_Taterz

12 Jun 2022, 3:46 pm

Yeah, I love a bunch of the old 8-bit games.
Mario Kart is still an old fav. I also have Kid Icarus, one or two of the Mega Mans, Rygar, Street Fighter II, Mylon's Secret Castle... quite a few other on my WiiU.
One game I wish they'd bring back is Legacy of the Wizard. I never beat that one.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 5:04 pm

Out of those games I only played Zelda on the SNES and Chrono Trigger.
I thought they were OK. Well I did get obsessed with zelda until I finished it , but it didnt take long.

Shoalinagent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2022, 2:02 am

Depeche wrote:
I never played it. I heard ocarina of time on N64 was supposed to be great. Intrigued, I tried it on a emulator once, I was not impressed.

Oot is one of those 'had to be there' things to fully understand the impact it had on gaming as a whole. It's still my favourite entry in the series and I have completed it multiple times but boy, it didn't age well.

Zelda is my all time favourite game series, but I like almost all Nintendo first party games like metroid, mario, donkey Kong etc.

All time favourite game is donkey Kong country 2, and I'm hoping retro is working on another and David wise is composing the Soundtrack, as I've been a fan of his compositions since playing the original Dkc sometime in 1996.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 7:33 am

H_Taterz wrote:
One game I wish they'd bring back is Legacy of the Wizard. I never beat that one.

My dad beat it when I was a kid...he had rolls of graph paper and had mapped out everything (or most of the game?) block by block @_@

I could never get very far in it back then, but I would put his password in to beat the final boss.

Depeche wrote:
I never played it. I heard ocarina of time on N64 was supposed to be great. Intrigued, I tried it on a emulator once, I was not impressed.

I never understood that one, it is definitely my least favorite Zelda game. I think most people just love it because it was the first 3D Zelda and/or their first Zelda experience. There's a lot of cool/memorable stuff in it, but it really suffers from being one of Nintendo's first experiments with the new 3D hardware.
Also, Navi.

I finally played through Majora's Mask a couple years ago, and I enjoyed it a whole lot more. Don't know why I didn't give it much of a chance back in the day. (my uncle borrowing it and losing it probably didn't help matters)

lovelyanathema
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jun 2022, 5:46 pm

Zelda is my favourite ever game franchise and Ocarina of Time is my favourite ever game. Majoras Mask is also really great.
Saria is my favourite character.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:08 pm

I love Zelda.

My favorite is BotW, but I also love OoT, MM, TP (obviously), WW, ALttP, and LA. I have a love/hate relationship with SS. I really like some parts of it. I had similar feelings towards WW, but it's grown on me over the years.

My first game was OoT and it was a game-changing experience (pun intended).

I 100% BotW in Master Mode, and I'm very impatiently waiting for the sequel.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 30 Jun 2022, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 10:10 pm

Two of my favorite special interests in one place: Zelda (in this case OoT) and the piano.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 7:32 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
I had similar feelings towards WW, but it's grown on me over the years.

I love WW a lot, I just wish it were more difficult.
Hero Mode on the remake was a step in the right direction, but it just made the first half of the game way too annoying, because you only have one or two bottles and have to keep sailing back to get potions.