why do people burp after meal?do you burp after meal

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 5:28 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Uh, I burped today and it was gross. I had drank a bottle of soda, and usually after drinking soda the gas just evaporates or I breathe it out or something. But because I was bending over a lot today, the gas bubbles from the soda kind of collected in my chest instead, and I done a few hiccups and then one pushed a burp up, which gave me a surprise. It was small and probably wouldn't have been heard by anyone else if they were near, but it was felt big to me and it threw up a weird taste in my mouth for about 3 seconds.

I just felt grossed out because I'm really not used to doing a burp and for a tiny split second I thought I was going to puke or something until I realised it was just a burp.

Yuk. :eew:

yeah gross
last weekend me and my husband and a few friends of his went to a very posh restaurant and had a steak meal
as i finished my meal i felt wind coming so i burped quietly into my hand but as i was burping i felt even more pressure rising to my throat and a burp forced its way out uncontrollably so it sounded deep and gross

i know burping isn't uncommon after a meal but this isn't one of those countries where burping is considered a compliment its just seen as bad manners and pretty girls like me arent supposed to burp (thats what my husbands friends said anyway

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:11 am

I burp after each meal. I feel better if I do so.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:33 am

sometimes i burp uncontrollably after a meal but sometimes i cant at all even though i want to
if this occurs i sit up straight and press my hand firmly on my stomach and rub for a while
if i still cant burp and its getting painful i take antiacids but that makes me belch nonstop for about a hour

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:40 am

Interesting might add my experiences , about using healthy yoghurts, to relieve a lot of burping or much gas passing . It’s pretty important to care for your digestive track. No one tells you this growing up . :roll:
Much of my learning about it came from working for a commercial dairy when I was still in my teens . Different parts of the colon uses different bacterias to help digest food , having adequate amounts of these various gut flora , reduces burping and
Passing gas a lot . Adding some digestive enzymes to your gut helps much too. (Ie. Simple as papaya pills) not bad tasting. And even just eating full fat yoghurts usually can generate enough proper gut bacteria after a period of time.
But their are acidophilus supplements that contain most of the most important bacteria that your digestive track wants. If your in a hurry . But as with everything the gut likes a balance of its gut flora . :)
And btw , you won’t get this info anywhere unless you talk to advance gastro intestinal trac researchers . :nerdy:
Proper digestive flora gives you best breakdown of your foods for efficient processing to the rest of your body.
Obvious certain things like alcohol and things of that nature can upset flora balance in the Colon .
Topic accidentally became a special topic when I was in my teens . Am sure all this info is now available on the net somewhere . :D :)

If you do choose to supplement please check the ingredients on the supplements to make sure it has proper gut bacteria
Promoting stuff . Bigger variety the better . ( as always not to replace your doctors advise)

where ever you go ,there you are

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 11:29 am

reason why i suffer is due to heavy drinking and drugs in the past

luckily i stopped 17 years ago but now im suffering from the damage it caused to my guts

my guts are so sensitive i can feel any gas bubble and get uncomfortable quickly