Page 8 of 33 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 6:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
May it finally dawn on him that he is no longer this nation's Demander-In-Chief.

For now, what about 2024? back to Groundhog day

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 6:23 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
May it finally dawn on him that he is no longer this nation's Demander-In-Chief.
There are a lot of things that could happen in the next two years that could stop Trump.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 6:28 pm

I feel like he will, at least, get indicted for something. Whether he's convicted is another matter.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 6:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There are a lot of things that could happen in the next two years that could stop Trump.

I'm not so confident. He'll be back in 2024

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 6:48 pm

Here's hoping people have a longer attention span by 2024.

The pressure should continue to be placed on Trump----no matter how futile it seems to be.

People have short memories. That's the main problem when it comes to Trump. Trump does something---there's an uproar----it's soon forgotten----then Trump does something else------the whole vicious cycle.

Once the memory of the Select Committee Hearings fade, people will just forget the impact they had, and how Trump, obviously, acted like a Crime Boss.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 8:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I said "it can only be dismissed as nothing burger" not that it was was a nothing burger. As I noted in the post you quoted my focus is on the ongoing coup.

I realized after I posted and too late for change that my crop and direct challenge to you weren't really appropriate. I apologize for that.

Stand by my points, just not directing them at you.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 8:26 pm

Fnord wrote:

I'm not convinced yet that any of this is getting through to the voters it really needs to get through to.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:45 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
I said "it can only be dismissed as nothing burger" not that it was was a nothing burger. As I noted in the post you quoted my focus is on the ongoing coup.

I realized after I posted and too late for change that my crop and direct challenge to you weren't really appropriate. I apologize for that.

Stand by my points, just not directing them at you.

No problem.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 6:34 pm

It seems like those who want him out of the picture the most, keep him in it the most.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 1:54 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It seems like those who want him out of the picture the most, keep him in it the most.

Only because a spotlight needs to be shone on his misdeeds vs. just ignoring them & allowing him to get away with everything scot-free.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 2:29 pm

He already has gotten away, despite six years of investigations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 3:26 pm

If there are six more years of investigations before Trump is convicted, it will be worth it

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 6:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like he will, at least, get indicted for something. Whether he's convicted is another matter.

I still think back to this one interview with some former CIA guy or something who said “that guy will die in jail,” as well as him thinking that the entire trump org will get RICO’d and then picked apart and sold off for years and years to come as the forensic accounting gets completed and the govt determines what’s proceeds of crime, seized assets and auctions them off to pay the tax man.

That’d be pretty awesome. 8)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 12:19 am

The longer investigations go on leading to no indictments, the more not guilty he looks.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 1:28 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
The longer investigations go on leading to no indictments, the more not guilty he looks.

Order of operations. It’s a complex investigation.

I’m sure it’s similar in the USA as it is here in Canada. Complicated serious investigations go on for quite some time before charges are laid because once charges are laid there’s a countdown clock that investigators have to beat - they only have so much time to process everything and go to court. So what they tend to do is maybe make an arrest & release the guy, then do a thorough investigation for as long as it takes, Then charge the guy once they have the evidence they need to mail the guy because they know they can still go to trial within the limited time they have post arrest as the investigating part is already pretty much done. That’s just the way the legal system works and why police don’t press charges quickly.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 2:24 am

That hasn't been the case regarding those who could actually be indicated for something. It didn't take long to nail Buffalo Man and many others for example.