Jealous of other people more successful than me

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:58 am

I seem to think it always makes me feel like ''I wish I could have done that'' even though at the time I wasn't doing or thinking of doing the stuff I saw others doing at the time. I seem to struggle to be inspired by these people especially if they are someone who is 20 and already successful. I seem to think when you are 20, some people are a bit boastful and over-confident about their achievements and I seem to think that irritates me a bit because it then makes me feel regretful that I didn't do what they are doing because I wasn't in that mindset at the time. I've come across a post about 20 changes people in their 20s have to make up for lifelong success and will attempt to relate them to myself.

1) Write down your goals - I haven't really written down any of my goals because I seem to feel like I haven't got it clear in front of me.

2) Start letting go of your ego - I don't know whether or not I have one

3) Stop trying to live someone else's life - I seem to think maybe have a habit of trying to do that even though I'm not actually living someone else's life

4) Stop feeling bad about the past - Ok maybe sometimes I do with this one, I do think to myself ''I should have taken that job'', ''I should have gone to uni after school instead of college'', ''I would have been married by now''.

5) Start showing people you care - I always show people that care, I mean there is someone I do care about but I haven't spoken to for ages due to a falling out, and have been sending them birthday cards, christmas cards etc even though they still haven't spoken to me. I feel like I've said sorry so many times and it hasn't seemed to work.

6) Start learning to cook - I've tried learning to make food but for some reason now the interest to learn to has disappeared.

7) Getting involved in meaningful causes - I've never really been that interested in joining any political or cultural causes.

8) Start travelling - Well I have travelled to places abroad before the pandemic, I've been to Amsterdam, Antwerp, Krakow, Rome and Berlin.

9) Start taking alone time - I think I do a lot of the time

10) Conducting weekly reviews - I don't really do writing about how my day was and what could been done differently.

11) Start appreciating failure - I seem to think sometimes I do but sometimes I don't appreciate it.

12) Start expressing gratitude - I want to think of myself as grateful but I don't know if I struggle expressing gratitude for what I have because I'm always thinking about doing something differently and get frustrated because I can't change it.

13) Start saying No - I think there are definitely times when I struggle to say No

14) Start coming up with lots of ideas - I do struggle with this especially with projects I'm doing as I don't always have lots of ideas.

15) Start learning how to manage your own time - I seem to think I struggle with this as well and then worried that I've wasted my time.

16) Start holding yourself accountable for your actions - There have been times when I hold myself accountable for something I've done wrong but at the time I do get angry at myself for it thinking I'm a stupid idiot.

17) Stop making excuses - I seem to think maybe I do depending on what the situation it.

18) Keep constantly learning - Maybe I do with this one

19) Start volunteering - I did once do some volunteer work before I went to uni, but I've not really been that interested in doing it again. There were times when I didn't turn up maybe because I found it boring and there were not many people there to bond with as they didn't seem my type or had a lot in common with me.

20) Start living in the moment - With this one, I don't know exactly what they mean by ''living in the moment''.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:54 am

if you could have any job what would it be?

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 10:33 am

klanka wrote:
if you could have any job what would it be?

Well I have always been into reading so it would be a in a place like a bookstore. I also wouldn't mind working in a museum or a zoo but I don't know if I'd be a tour guide though.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 10:36 am

I suppose bookstore would be the easiest but I know how it is in the UK. So many applicants for each job.

I do cleaning work which isnt bad at all. Cleaning flats for air b'n'b.

Would you be willing to do the studying to get whatever qualification the zoo or museum look for? (if they even need one)

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 10:59 am

klanka wrote:
I suppose bookstore would be the easiest but I know how it is in the UK. So many applicants for each job.

I do cleaning work which isnt bad at all. Cleaning flats for air b'n'b.

Would you be willing to do the studying to get whatever qualification the zoo or museum look for? (if they even need one)

The thing is I've been interested in animals but I don't know what career field I would do in that subject. I wouldn't want to be a vet or something. Presumably it has got to something other just reading about animals. The thing is I've got a varying number of interests that I'm into such as animals, history, true crime, fantasy fiction etc. I can't seem to choose one of them to make a career out of. One minute I'll be interested in one thing and then the next i'll be interested in something else.